The Westerners Who Tried to Assimilate

They even taught ‘when will you go home’ in my chinese class. Its part of the fabric of society in taiwan to ask a foreigner when they are going home!

1 Like

She is complaining that she is not eligible for an award because she doesn’t have a british passport, although she has lived in england all of her adult life. The reason she doesn’t have a passport is because japan has the same no dual passport rule as taiwan and she hasn’t renounced her japanese one, by her own choice. But the blame goes to England? laughable bullshit.

1 Like

I don’t get those either but I commonly get oh you hold chopsticks so well. I did once get “please help Taiwan by informing people about the situation when you go back to your country” though. These have been too few and far between and I don’t really mind them. I freaking can’t stand the constant bombardment with “why Taiwan?” questions though. Damn it, have some confidence. Why the fuck not?

To that I usually reply “I like sushi.”

1 Like

:joy: she’s not “not British enough”. She’s just not British.

2 Likes

If the show was on the other foot, would Japan give her a prize? I would hedge a bet they wouldn’t.

2 Likes