The "What were you doing at 7AM?" thread

Tash and I have become cheap. We’ve decided to stop wasting so much money at Starbucks, so for the past month we’ve been getting our coffee from 7-11 and McDonalds. But, we’ve been alternating between the two places because we really weren’t sure which one had the better coffee.

This morning we got it all straightened out in a super scientific blind taste test. At 7AM we went out and bought lattes and cappuccinos from both 7-11 and McDonalds and then tasted them while blindfolded to see which one we liked best. Here are the exciting results:

I preferred the latte from 7-11, while Tash prefered the latte from McDonalds. It was a pretty close race for me though, and I’d recommend either of them. 40NT for 7-11 latte, and 50NT for a McDonalds latte definitely beats 90NT for a Starbucks latte.

Both of us preferred the cappuccino from McDonalds because the 7-11 cappuccino was too bitter. Prices for cappuccinos are the same as the prices for lattes, btw.

So, that was what we did at 7AM. It was fun and neat. Can anyone top it?

Thank you for publishing your findings! I generally limit myself to the work coffee machine which is free but which is also stocked with a rather robust North Korean roast. I shall check these places out.

At 7am, someone’s car alarm was going off in the street. So I threw an expired chicken breast at it from the 17th floor.

I like pink shoes with tassles.

I was reaming about calling in sick to work. So I did.

Edit: I meant dreaming - cheeky monkeys.

They have a 7am now?!

Blimey things are changing…

Great story, merge. I’m inspired by people who have the motivation to make their dreams come true!

Uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh ooooohhhhhh

• Working out at the gym; what did you think?

Thanks, Erhu. It took a lot of courage to follow my dream, but I made it happen. You can, too!

Erhu, did you drink all of every coffe before making your final decisions?

The ‘New Coke’ debacle, inspired by the Pepsi Challenge in the '80s was the result of blind taste testing. The Coke chaps failed to realise that people don’t usually just take one sip of a drink with their eyes closed. If you drink the whole thing the drinking experience, and your resulting preference, may be a lot different.

Coffee is foul anyway. Why didn’t you have a rum tasting?

McDee’s is open at 7 a.m.!! My goodness.
I agree that their coffee is pretty good value. I love their breakfast McMuffins, mmm. I don’t do Chinese breakfast foods!

Really? What Chinese foods do you have sex with?

At 7am I was desperately trying to get back to sleep before my alarm went off at 7.25.

As for the coffee thingy… 7-11 lattes are GREAT!

At 0700?

Moving from the sauna into the steam room.

Same as always at 7 am, walking my youngest son downstairs to see him off to school, and pick up the newspaper…

Ladies, it is your lust for life that makes me so excited to be your friends. My 7am will happen in 7 minutes time. I’m going to jump in the shower and sing to whichever tune comes onto the radio. But I’ll be wishing that I had been able to invigilate the coffee taste test.

I

Rum is a child’s drink for those who must cloak their alcoholism with sugary sweet Coca Cola.

I like my coffee like I like my men. Bitter and expensive.

Can we now move on to “What will you be doing at 7PM?” ?

I will be trying to get a couple of ladies drunk. The test will be to see which one will be easier to take home. The Murkin or the Engrish one. Will post the results tomorrow morning.

[quote=“tash”]Can we now move on to “What will you be doing at 7PM?” ?

I will be trying to get a couple of ladies drunk. The test will be to see which one will be easier to take home. The Murkin or the Engrish one. Will post the results tomorrow morning.[/quote]

Hehe. Hahaha.

[quote=“Buttercup”][quote=“tash”]Can we now move on to “What will you be doing at 7PM?” ?

I will be trying to get a couple of ladies drunk. The test will be to see which one will be easier to take home. The Murkin or the Engrish one. Will post the results tomorrow morning.[/quote]

Hehe. Hahaha.[/quote]
:raspberry:

Last time I waste any wine on either of you!

In 6 hours it will be 7 AM and I will be doing what one SHOULD do at 7 AM and I have not been doing at 7 AM for days… SLEEEPING!!!
Yay for half days!