The Wordle Thread (No Spoilers!)

Added.

2 Likes

Got in 4 today!

Wordle 220 4/6
:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

2 Likes

Three guesses today :grin:
I sat on the first two guesses for about 8 hours, came back to it and voila within a minute I got it.

Wordle 220 3/6

:yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:

3 Likes

Color chart or it didn’t happen.

Share then choose copy text. Doesn’t make much sense I know .

2 Likes

Lucky first guess! :grin:

It does seem like a lot depends on how many letters you get with your first word.

1 Like

Ah ok, got it!

Wordle 220 5/6

:yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

I thought I was being smart by making my first guess a word that has 4 different vowels, but it still took me 5 tries.

1 Like

There’s a tip where they say use RSTLN…Something like that . I think of it as Restaurant Later in my head lol.
It seems Wordle never uses two of the same letters in a word (seems I’m wrong ).

I got stuck on a word twice which is really annoying when it happens.

Not true. I was looking at a list of words that have appeared in the past.

Really ? Maybe that’s where I was going wrong…Partly.

I hate when you think you have it and it’s just one letter different.
Primp…Crimp. Arghhhh

Yeah, that’s where the luck comes in.

I must be really thick. I seriously can’t work out how to play it.

Just start playing. You’ll figure it out. The instructions seemed a little unclear.

I just read a short article about this game and its inventor Josh Wardle that included this blurb…

Of course, since we’re on the internet, Wordle’s grids have been meme-ified, repurposed for political messaging, and many brands have tried to get in on the game’s popularity. But Wardle told the BBC he has no plans to include ads on the game and isn’t collecting or otherwise doing anything fishy with anyone’s data.

It’s a nice thought; let’s see how that pans out.

2 Likes

Wordle 220 6/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

Got it, just.

3 Likes

There’s a 5-letter different word to guess every day.
To win you have to type the correct word.

Only valid words are accepted, things like “asdfg” or “eeeee” are not valid guesses.

Type a word and each letter will change color after you press enter.

• Green: The word of the day contains this letter in this position
  • Yellow: The word of the day contains this letter in a different position
  • Black: The word of the day does not contain this letter

On the bottom of the screen, there’s a keyboard that can be used to input the letters. The background color of each letter on the keyboard will also change according to the rule above.

The objective is to guess the word of the day in fewer guesses.

Have fun!

2 Likes

Have you ever played Mastermind, where you need to figure out a series of colors? If so, it’s a bit like that.

2 Likes

Gray, I’d say.

1 Like