The World is Clearly NOT Anti-America

Take a look around you. The rest of the world joins Americans in their joy at finally having a president who will bring positive change to the United States of America and to the world - heck, just getting Obama elected is change enough for celebration.

Let this be a lesson in democracy to those of you who played the anti-America card whenever those of us from the Rest of the World pointed out that the US has been under appallingly bad, irresponsible, and possibly selfish leadership for the past 8 years.

We care about America as much as you do. Right now, we’re all proud to be part of this deeply momentous and hopeful occasion.

God bless America! :America:

bah humbug

Ah, you’re just anti-The Rest of the World!

Wow, Democracy can be better than sex…
:howyoudoin:

[quote=“Stray Dog”]We care about America as much as you do. Right now, we’re all proud to be part of this deeply momentous and hopeful occasion.

God bless America![/quote]
Proud? Sorry, no, you’re wrong. I detest most everything about the United States, aside from some core historico-political principles. If it weren’t for some unfortunate geopolitical realities I would happily welcome its diminished influence and presence in the world.

The cloying sentiment of the various speeches, which I caught part of, were nauseating. Obama has been portrayed as a communist Muslim terrorist-lover by the rightwing nutbars, and a Kumbaya-braying Messiah by the leftwing twits, and I don’t know which is worse.

Nevertheless, congratulations are due on two fronts: first, the passage of time will result in the exit of the current president, an unrelievedly stupid philistine; and second, the election of an even more moronic politician in the person of Sarah Palin was avoided.

[quote=“bob_honest”]Wow, Democracy can be better than sex…
:howyoudoin:[/quote]

Sheeeeee-it says who? someone who’s gone without it for about a minute?

[quote=“rousseau”] If it weren’t for some unfortunate geopolitical realities I would happily welcome its diminished influence and presence in the world.

[/quote]

Those are a bitch, huh?

:roflmao:

The world never was “anti-America.” It remains anti-Bush and will soon show itself as anti-Obama, just as soon as he starts to show his colours. What? Do any of you REALLY believe the fuckwaddedness of the States has anything to do with the actual talking head on the TV? Jesus! :unamused:

Halt the presses, a genuine first - forget the 1st black president; Sandman uttered some words of wisdom!

Take our money and kiss our ass, when novy is looking,.

Rousseau…you so funny! Fookin Canuckian…LOL!

[quote=“rousseau”][quote=“Stray Dog”]We care about America as much as you do. Right now, we’re all proud to be part of this deeply momentous and hopeful occasion.

God bless America![/quote]
Proud? Sorry, no, you’re wrong. I detest most everything about the United States. . .[/quote]

Too bad. Your loss.

God Bless(ed) America.

Thats looks like Canada to me MT.

Statistics indicate only [url=Obama's Victory - #41 by Fortigurn of Americans cared sufficiently to vote, and of that 61% a significant minority chose to vote for McCain. This indicates that almost half of Americans don’t care at all, and when they’re added to those who voted for McCain it’s difficult to say that Americans care about America as much as the rest of us do.

Except in my case. I care for America about as much as I care for Australia, which is to say not at all. It’s not my business.

Obama only has one colour, black. And he already showed it.

Look, there’s all kinds of stuff we love about you guys.
A stellar example:
genius is still genius

Ugh! Too much fresh air.

Nice slideshow of the world’s party.
Hard to find any argument for anti-Americanism there.

[quote=“Jaboney”]Nice slideshow of the world’s party.
Hard to find any argument for anti-Americanism there.[/quote]
:bravo:

The Anti-American line was just an excuse for siege mentality Repubs to bunker down deeper into their theoretical rattraps. Farewell, suckers!

HG

Forget Anti-Americanism, I’m having trouble baiting Canadians. I didn’t get any response to my “I loathe Canadians” comment. Mmm, perhaps they don’t know what “loathe” means. It’s like calling a group of Australians “Antipodean bastards” - they’ll generally look confused and one of them will ask, “Bruces, did he just call us a poofter?”

As, with the possible exception of the wee Oirish fellas, the only geo-cultural bloc likely to be even more out of it at any given moment than your own (and I say that with the deepest admiration, don’t get me wrong :notworthy: ), there’s always a good chance that they might not actually give a monkey’s…or in Canookistanian, “like we could give Fucks 1 through 9 either way…hey, this has gone out…is there more rum???”.