The world's fastest street-legal car

“Like a well-funded brewery, the SSC’s power is always on tap.”

Lovely writing.

The world’s fastest street-legal car

INcredibly pretty car !! Saw a veyron for sale the other day. No price on the window. ONe of those, if you have to ask…you cant afford it places.

“fastest street-legal”

There’s an oxymoron for you.

0-60 1.67 seconds (unofficial) and a top speed of 270 MPH
360,000 pounds worth too. Not that pricy if all one wants to do is go very fast in a straight line on a nice road with nobody else on it and a safety team on the sidelines.

Barabus TKRLink

This is also to be replaced as fastest car before to long when a mysterious black beast is to be released with just under 2,000BHP in it to propel it to just under 300MPH. I’ll try and get further details up here if I can dig them out.

And just when everyone thought the Veyron would be the last of the fast before the green brigade slapped down all the manufacturers for being silly. Who would have thought that a last ditched race to gain face would have pursued between manufacturers to try and be the last name to go into the record books before the emissions laws stops anyone from regaining pole possition?
Well I don’t think we’ve seen the last of developements yet.

1972 Voxel Victor is unofficially the world’s fastest street-legal car, and was built by a tuner in England. Powered by a 9.3L V8 engine that produces an incredible 2200hp, it goes from 0-60 in just 1-second. This definitely gives Ron Patrick’s jet-powered bug a run for its money. Video after the jump. What are your thoughts?
techeblog.com/index.php/tech … -legal-car

Sorry I know you meant fastest production car, I just remembered seeing this car a while back and thought it was interesting.

2.8G’s!

[quote=“Saxo Longus”]1972 Voxel Victor is unofficially the world’s fastest street-legal car, and was built by a tuner in England. Powered by a 9.3L V8 engine that produces an incredible 2200hp, it goes from 0-60 in just 1-second. This definitely gives Ron Patrick’s jet-powered bug a run for its money. Video after the jump. What are your thoughts?
techeblog.com/index.php/tech … -legal-car[/quote]

That’s actually not quite correct. The fastest street legal car is a Vauxhall Victor. I take it the person that produced the blog on it had never heard of Vauxhall. By the way, the video is taken from the British TV motoring series fifth gear.
The episodes concerning this car can be found:

finalgear.com/shows/fifthgear/10/4/
and here: finalgear.com/shows/fifthgear/12/5/

Yes I did see it on 5th Gear first and when I searched for it I found that webpage. The piece on 5th Gear was very well done, I was smiling the whole time I watched it.
Maybe not the most beautiful car ever, but it’s a masterpiece in itself.

[quote=“Saxo Longus”]1972 Voxel Victor is unofficially the world’s fastest street-legal car, and was built by a tuner in England. Powered by a 9.3L V8 engine that produces an incredible 2200hp, it goes from 0-60 in just 1-second. This definitely gives Ron Patrick’s jet-powered bug a run for its money. Video after the jump. What are your thoughts?
techeblog.com/index.php/tech … -legal-car[/quote]
Saxo -

WOW!..great post thanks!
That guy is a real wrench turner…to craft a car like that is obviously a labor of love and expertise.
And its drivable on a daily basis. Quite an accomplishment.
Great video! And cheers to the Lad.

You’ve gotta love the sweaty nerd comments on those Victor videos - ‘0-60mph in one second, pah, 0-100 and I might be vaguely impressed’… ‘pah, I could make that in a week with two rubber bands and a monkey wrench, I just don’t want to’… ‘what a load of crap, it doesn’t even have a top speed over 400km/h’… ‘why is this good?? I heard about this car my friend’s dad’s dog made that does 200 in half a second’.

Billed here as the World’s fastest road vehicle

It’s really rather quick.

Acabion

A bit more on the car from the above post.

Gawd… it sounds like a truck! Makes me think of my friend’s Dodge SRT10, which I got to drive on the highway for a little test. I suppose that’s a pussy car compared to this… Great guy too. That’s really something.