The Worst Movies of All Time?

Go on, admit it: how many of these have you seen?

us.imdb.com/bottom_100_films

[quote=“mod lang”]Go on, admit it: how many of these have you seen?

us.imdb.com/bottom_100_films[/quote]About 12, mostly on TV, and I own 2 :blush: , one of them was in a box set, and the other was 2nd hand from blockbuster, so that’s ok then.

I can’t believe I Spit On Your Grave didn’t make that list. That is, hands down by far, the absolute most horribly degrading experience I’ve ever had watching a movie.

Iron Eagle II is there, but no the original. An obvious ommission.

99 Stupids, The (1996) 3.6 (1052 votes) I liked this one.
97 On Deadly Ground (1994) 3.6 (2435 votes) Just what you would expect from a Segal movie. Joan Chen as a Native Alaskan. A tree huggers delight.
96 Batman & Robin (1997) 3.6 (20912 votes) Don’t forget Batgirl. Much focus on molded plastic butts.
92 Pet Sematary II (1992) 3.6 (1330 votes) Was better than Pet Sematary I because it didn’t take itself seriously.
83 Freddy Got Fingered (2001) 3.5 (5503 votes) If you like Tom Green

I’ve seen about 15 or so. Some of them I rented just to see how bad they were. I am glad to see that some of my favorite bad movies such as Empire of the Ants, Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, Showgirls, and Body of Evidence didn’t make the list.

Jaws the Revenge has to be seen for its silly ending, sharks that make noise, flashbacks that Ellen Brody could never have witnessed, and the parade dance scene with Ellen Brody and Michael Caine’s character, among others.

Speaking of Halloween, I’ll never forget how cruel Halloween III, which was on the list, was.

1. Hobgoblins (it was on MST3K, if that counts)
  2. Glitter (well, parts of it here and there on cable, if that counts)
  3. Teen Wolf Too (ah, the Coreys)
  4. Universal Soldier: The Return (one of the babes was REALLY hot, but that’s about it for this flick)

Oops, I forgot these:

1. Mr Wrong (apt title)
  2. On Deadly Ground (Steven Seagal flick where he fights oil companies in Alaska, I caught bits of it on cable. “I thought you said you were a man,” Seagal says after beating up tough guy in bar, “Got great big balls between your legs.” Then launches into faux-Buddhist sermonizing about ‘what is a man’.)

Jurassic ZZzzzz

Battlefield Earth (awful)
Hercules in New York (can’t remember)
Spice World (I enjoyed it)
Highlander 2 (appalling)
The Avengers (very dissapointing)
Plan 9 From Outer Space (so famous for once being voted the worst movie ever made by the worst director ever, that it gets played at allt hje Incredibly Strange Film Festivals - so bad it’s funny)

And that’s it. But I can think of worse movies.

Brian

The last Bond film, the one with Halle Berry in it, is quite possibly the most ridiculous movie I’ve ever seen. The lowest point was when Bond surfs into the evil guy’s lair atop a massive tidal wave. Forgotten what he used, some flat piece of iron he picked up somewhere.

[quote=“mod lang”]
us.imdb.com/bottom_100_films[/quote]

Aha! so there’s the HBOAsia/Cinemax schedule for November…

1. Glen or Glenda, also directed by Ed Wood. Also known as I Led Two Lives, Behind Locked Doors, I Changed My Sex, and He or She: The Transvestite. Pseudo documentary about a guy who can’t make up his mind. Narrated by Bela Lugosi (who also starred in Plan 9 and croaked midway through its making), the movie features Ed Wood (the director) as Glen/da, just a “guilt-free heterosexual” who wears angora sweaters and who also just happens to enjoy dressing as a woman. So there. Classified as a film noir, stylistically. Seems to be getting a bit of an upgrade these days, review-wise, but it was impossible to keep from laughing for the first 20 minutes or so. Well, I laughed anyway. I mean, Ed was a pretty big guy who was pig ugly as a woman. Pretty awful after that, though. Something about Ed Wood, though, in both of these movies. He must have been impossible to really, truly dislike.

brightlightsfilm.com/41/glenglenda.htm

about 29. own about 2 purchased :-<
they also missed " duel in the sun " and " touched "

13 Police Academy: Mission to Moscow (1994) 2.2 (3760 votes)
18 Leonard Part 6 (1987) 2.3 (1714 votes)
19 Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000 (2000) 2.4 (10707 votes)
22 It’s Pat (1994) 2.4 (1817 votes)
23 Baby Geniuses (1999) 2.4 (2020 votes)
25 Jaws: The Revenge (1987) 2.6 (3567 votes)
36 Police Academy 5: Assignment: Miami Beach (1988) 2.8 (3574 votes)
37 Mannequin: On the Move (1991) 2.8 (779 votes)
41 Problem Child 2 (1991) 2.9 (2307 votes)
43 Cop & 1/2 (1993) 3.0 (965 votes)
50 Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot (1992) 3.1 (3769 votes)
52 Crossroads (2002) 3.2 (5397 votes)
54 Bats (1999/I) 3.2 (2016 votes)
65 Speed 2: Cruise Control (1997) 3.3 (9082 votes)
66 Grease 2 (1982) 3.3 (3829 votes)
79 Weekend at Bernie’s II (1993) 3.4 (1430 votes)
82 Caddyshack II (1988) 3.4 (2882 votes)
86 Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever (2002) 3.5 (2662 votes)
87 McHale’s Navy (1997) 3.5 (1204 votes)
89 Nothing But Trouble (1991) 3.5 (2683 votes)
91 Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (1978) 3.6 (998 votes)
92 Dudley Do-Right (1999) 3.6 (1174 votes)
94 Batman & Robin (1997) 3.6 (20956 votes)
95 Pet Sematary II (1992) 3.6 (1332 votes)
98 Stupids, The (1996) 3.6 (1056 votes)
99 Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold (1987) 3.6 (1328 votes)
100 Look Who’s Talking Now (1993) 3.6 (2632 votes)

27 of these movies…:shock: Many of them since I moved to Taiwan and got cable here.

Some things bother me about this list. Number one: Nothin’ but Trouble barely making the list at 89th place. This should have been in the Top 20 at worst.
The Stupids get respect for doing “I’m My Own Grandpa.” Of course, how that scene really related to the movie is beyond my comprehension.

Missing from this list is Lethal Weapon 4, High Spirits (w/ Darryl Hannah and Steve Guttenberg), Theodore Rex, and anything where the Olsen twins’ names appear in the credits.

Here’s some fun trivia for that #1 stinker Gigli (with Ben Affleck and J. Lo.)
–Received such bad reviews that it was dropped by every UK cinema after only one week.
–Broke the record for largest 2nd weekend drop in box-office, with an -81.9% drop.

as mentioned above, any movie featuring the 2 Coreys is a formula for bad movies. really bad.

and i didnt see chucky, and sequel on the list.

how about the really bad movies, so bad they’re funny. like the Roddy Rod Piper movie, can’t remember the exact title, like ‘Hell comes to Frogtown’. courtesy of late-nite HBO.

Empire magazine has compiled a list of the cheesiest movie moments- and the ripest moment of all can be found in Independence Day.

Couldn’t agree more.

HG

Films with top 10 cheesiest moments:

1. Independence Day

2. Top Gun

3. The Karate Kid

4. Four Weddings and a Funeral

5. Pearl Harbor

6. Stepmom

7. The Postman

8. An Officer and a Gentleman

9. Patch Adams

10. Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

OT here for a moment, sorry.

Check out the cover of the Dune VCD (not DVD) in Taiwan. It’s spelt
DUNG
! :laughing: classic.

I would nominate the following truly dreadful films

Orgy of the Dead
They Saved Hitler’s Brain
The Creeping Terror

Or what else pisses me off is that Grease 2 (not a truly horrible movie) was put as being worse than Nothin’ But Trouble. WTF?! What, did the Digital Underground non sequitur cameo boost its ratings? John Candy in drag? The way Chevy Chase gave his pathetic, cynical, cliche lines almost as if he forgot to say them with more conviction while he was thinking “What in the hell am I doing here?” Did someone think Dan Ackroyd with a penile nose was not in poor taste? Hell, even Crossroads was much more palatable than that movie. And Crossroads was L-A-M-E (another movie with Dan Ackroyd:roll:).

The two Corey’s in one movie being bad? Three words for you: The Lost Boys. One of the better vampire movies out there. Especially in comparison to another stinker that missed the list: From Dusk Till Dawn.