The Worst Movies of All Time?

I think bring it on - the movie is bad…

There are LOADS mising from that list:
Reindeer Games, Wishmaster2, Cutthroat Island, Long Kiss Goodnight, The Relic, Alien3, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Marabunta (deadly ants), Mandingo, Bride of Chucky, Cocktail, anything with bob dylan in, i.e. Hearts of Fire, That werewolf movie with the Hemmingway woman in, Ernest goes to camp, Bigtop Peewee.
There must be a better worst top hundred. The legend of bagger vance, i could go on here…

I saw 13 of these. Some, like “The Stupids” and “Allan Quartermain” I thought were okay–at least, they delivered what was advertised.

I am happy that they remembered to honor “Omega Code” (weird Bible stuff, there’s also a sequel which is equally worthy) and “Battlefield Earth.”

I mentioned before “The Lost Horizon” (1970’s musical version) and “Pearl Harbor”. These seem to have been overlooked for the list.

While taking a bus to the airport I got to watch about an hour of something equally god-awful: “Teddy Rex,” starring Whoopi Goldberg and something that looks like Barney the Dinosaur. I swear to God I am not making this up.

What about the recent Godzilla? Or half of the Star Treks? Some people would add Starship Troopers but I thought that one was clever, I’d rather name the one about that high school kid who plays video games real good and gets drafted into the Space Corps by aliens as a result. (Is that Starship Invasions?)

When I was a kid I used to think that the worst I had ever seen was The Wild Angels (1966 – Directed by Roger Corman and starring Peter Fonda as Heavenly Blues; Nancy Sinatra as Mike; and Bruce Dern as Loser.)
‘Blues’ is the leader of a gang of Hell’s Angels. His friend, ‘The Loser’, has lost his 'cycle but when he takes one from the police he is shot. ‘Blues’ and the gang spring ‘The Loser’ from hospital but he dies. The funeral degenerates into a party, then a fight. But ‘Blues’ has lost heart and when the police come, he stays alone to face them.

But now I’d probably think it was camp and hilarious.

My new worst has to be On Deadly Ground (1994 – Directed by Steven Seagal and starring Steven Seagal as Forrest Taft; and Michael Caine as Michael Jennings.)
Posing as an environmental story about a corrupt oil company owner called Jennings, who will stop at nothing to open a new refinery in Alaska, this is just an excuse for another action film. Fists, feet, bullets and bombs galore as Forest Taft, a disgruntled employee, is chosen by an Eskimo chief as the saviour of his people.

I would encourage people to watch this just to be amazed at how bad it can get.

Ive seen Teddy Rex, Jesus, yes that was just awful.
After a prolonged nap I can offer the following sucky films:
The Wiz, Class of Nuke em High, Unarmed and dangerous, Everything featuring Madonna, COOL WORLD (surely the pick of the bunch) House Party2, House, Heavens Gate, Spaced, Pret a porter, Black Hunter White Heart, Pluto Nash, Holy Man, Anaconda, Tha Apple, Care Bears2, Still Smokin, Drop dead fred, and The WooWoo kid.

I think there is also a distinction between ‘movies that disappointed us the most’ and ‘movies that were unbelieveable’ and ‘movies that were just plain shit’.

I like that movie.

For the record…

Bride of Chucky was a good movie… not great… but good.
Starship Troopers… an excellent movie. Very funny
Heavan’s Gate, also has its moments “Bomb with love! Bomb with love!” (edit: oops… wrong movie… Ticket to Heaven that’s it).

Maybe I just like BAD movies… But I reserve the right to declare which bad movies are worthy of praise. Movies like "The Dentist, and The Stepfather I, II, and even III. Usually if the movie title starts with “The” and is followed by one other word of two syllables or more, and stars people who later made it in daytime soap operas, then you have a good BAD movie.

What was that movie with a psycho Marky Mark who beats up his GFs dad and trashes his car… The Crush… that’s it… “Now I’ve popped both your cherries.” Another great BAD movie. Though that breaks my two-syllable-or -more-rule, no theory is perfect.

[quote=“Kenny McCormick”]
how about the really bad movies, so bad they’re funny. like the Roddy Rod Piper movie, can’t remember the exact title, like ‘Hell comes to Frogtown’. courtesy of late-night HBO.[/quote]

Would that be “They Live”? Roddy facing off against aliens who are trying to take control using subliminal messages. Best line - “I’ve come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I’m all out of bubble gum.”

[quote=“Screaming Jesus”]
I’d rather name the one about that high school kid who plays video games real good and gets drafted into the Space Corps by aliens as a result. (Is that Starship Invasions?)[/quote]

I think that would be “The Last Starfighter” It was the first movie to use a lot of CG effects.

Both of these films deserve to be duly recognized for their incredible badness, although at the time they came out, I thought they were good.

Some movies I have forgotten (and for a good reason):

10 Santa with Muscles
57 Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
59 Mac and Me
83 Super Mario Bros.

How come He-Man Masters of the Universe didn’t make it?

I just rented “The Dreamcatcher” for a stoney horror fix; man it was God-awful. The novel was readable, but I can’t believe what a piece of shit they turned it into. They’ve done a good job with Stephen King’s ‘non-horror’ works (Stand By Me, The Green Mile, The Shawshank Redemption), but, with they exception of The Shining, the horror adaptions always suck.

By the way, I’d like to add “Charlies’ Angels” to this list. After seeing that atrocity, I not only wanted my money back – I wanted to sue for the two hours of my life I wasted watching it!

I just rented “The Dreamcatcher” for a stoney horror fix; man it was God-awful. The novel was readable, but I can’t believe what a piece of shit they turned it into. They’ve done a good job with Stephen King’s ‘non-horror’ works (Stand By Me, The Green Mile, The Shawshank Redemption), but, with they exception of The Shining, the horror adaptions always suck.

By the way, I’d like to add “Charlies’ Angels” to this list. After seeing that atrocity, I not only wanted my money back – I wanted to sue for the two hours of my life I wasted watching it!

well, I don’t know if I am going to get bashed for this, but here it goes… I think Turn Left & Turn Right was pretty bad…

What about the TV version of It with John Ritter and the lovely Tim Curry? That was pretty decent.

SPOILERS

I liked Dreamcatcher. Especially the part where the choppers come to blast the ship and the aliens, uncannily depicted as giant penises, run away. :wink:

an apt observation. just recall what someone did to the short story Trucks in Maximum Overdrive. :shock:

the story is about a comet that makes trucks go bannanas, right? so how does a soda machine zero in on a guys forehead?

haha the guy who mentioned i spit on your grave pee on your sorpse… haha yah thats a tough one for people to watch… people walked out the room when i watched it… Heavens Gate I never saw… I know the original one of the most expensive movies ever… originally 5 hous played for one weekend in theatres and that was it… Micheal Cimino game over…

I guess this list is compiled from the user ratings of each movie… Id like to see a list of the top 10 or 25 worst movies that I still love to watch…

Dreamcatchers started off so promisingly; then it just went tits up.

Absolutely horrid.

I just remembered another BAAAD movie that was excruciatingly painful to sit through. (GF dragged me. Guess that was her way of punishing me for “Star Trek: Nemesis”.)

The movie is “Hardball” starring Keanu Reeves as a guy with gambling debts (to guys he absolutely has to pay back, get it?), who becomes a baseball coach for a bunch of little underprivileged black kids. Aw, how keute! And when one of them dies in a drive-by shooting, how weepy! Well, except for me in the back cheering. So he places one last bet on the kid’s baseball championship, and the result is an inspiring testimony to the human spirit which unites us in our diversity. Or at least that’s what they were trying to shove down our throats. Ughh! (vomit)

So where can I get my copy of Gigli? I have a feeling that if I don’t see it, I am missing out on a big, reeking piece of film history…

I saw about 10 minutes of Pearl Harbour on telly a couple of weeks ago.

That was definitely enough.

brian