Theasf.net

For some reason I can’t get to Theasf.net. Is the site down?

I’ve tried all variations including .com, .org, and .gov.

In fact, they no longer show up on a “whois”. I’m confused.

I can get to the TI.com websit but not the ASF site.

Is theasf.net defunct? :idunno:

Classic moderation. (now there is an oxymoron)

The thread still has this:

Maybe because I’m humble and don’t need to list my accolades online to make a point.

It’s not like I brag about having my pictures in a local paper holding a protest sign on a defunct TaiwanIndependence.com forum.
:roflmao:[/quote]

but the following is put in temp?

[quote=“elektronisk”]For some reason I can’t get to Theasf.net. Is the site down?

I’ve tried all variations including .com, .org, and .gov.

In fact, they no longer show up on a “whois”. I’m confused.

I can get to the TI.com website but not the ASF site.

Is theasf.net defunct? :idunno:[/quote]

Congratulations on the wonderful moderating. You guys really deserve a raise.

I guess I should have included a :roflmao:.

Alternatively, maybe I forgot to put in the raspberry.

Either way, I

You do realize that TI.com is Texas Instruments right?

I don’t know if you know what you’re doing, because I checked and Theasf.com is taken, and so is Theasf.net, in fact I have the full Who-Is info right here, name address number, everything.

Theasf… (and I’m speculating because I don’t really visit Theasf.net, so I have no idea what has happened lately) likely has their host down, or something else.

AC Dropout was likely referring to TaiwanIndependence.NET not .COM (.com isn’t a forum and is owned by a friend).

As for TaiwanUnited Forums (AC really needs to get his facts straight, it was never TaiwanIndependence.com forums). It was actually very tolerant, I, and the moderators, didn’t even suspend people immediately when they made racial slurs, foul language etc, stuff that is a no-no here, of which most came from Theasf.net regulars. I actually gave them about 4-5 stern warnings for flagrant (not even moderate violations) before suspension, and if they were suspended it was usually for a few hours and eventually a few days or so. I personally gave AC the most leeway before well… you can figure it out. Eventually others were allowed in, and we never banned anyone but did lock up rampant ‘aliasing’.

However after a while, people got tired of it. There was a vote that excluded violators, and it was decided that the forums were to be moved elsewhere to a undisclosed location, mainly because of a particular habit of “tag-team posting” (usually from Theasf.net regulars) in which we’d get about 50-100 posts bashing the forum or racism against members of the site, PER DAY! Ludahai was actually abused against often and he took it well better than anyone else I’d ever met. There was a vote and basically, we moved it beyond the terrain and visibility of Theasf & Co, and many of us have actually progressed to meeting in person and have created successful projects.

Yes the forum still exists today.

You are correct sir. Didn’t get any info when I checked last night. I rechecked again today and got all the whois info.

By TI.com I did mean TaiwanIndependence.com.

I stand corrected. :salute:

Now can somebody get this foot out of my mouth? :blush: