There is MONEY to be made in here....... $$$,$$$!

OK OK OK…

I read the previous posts about long-term body hair removal (eg waxing) for men in Taiwan.

Now… let me get this as easy as possible:

Why there is NOBODY in here that has tried to set up some kind of shop for foreigners who have too much body hair???

There is money to be made in here, isn’t there?

After all we know about foreigners setting up pubs, restaurants, bakeries, bushibans, etc.
It’s quite common.

How about setting up a shop together with a local Taiwanese (to avoid all the bureacratic hassles).

The number of foreigners going to this place would be fairly high:

• foreign women (who generally have a little more body hair than Asian women)
  • heterosexual foreign men (whose Taiwanese girlfriends often complain about “too much hair!”)
  • homosexual men (they probably also like to have a smooth look)

And… the weather in Taiwan generally makes most foreigners feel uncomfortable if they have too much body hair.

We all know that there are beauty salons where women (sometimes even foreign women) can get all their body hair waxed… but there is the usual complaint that men are generally not allowed to go to these places.

We also know that shaving is not a very good idea because the hair will grow back too fast (too fussy to do every day, and then there is the problem of ingrown hairs, etc.)

Well… I don’t have the money to setup this place… and I don’t even have the qualifications for it.

Any ideas??? Do you have any friends in your home country who would like to setup shop in here???

Then I’ll set up a shop right next door that puts the body hair back on.

Have you been to the street in Shrlin where all the ladies sit in chairs, sort of in a line down the street . . . . . they do hair removal on the face? The treatment is primarily for women. But one time I went and took off my shirt and the lady took the hair off my back . . . . . . . . . that is cooler in the summer !! There were a lot of people staring of course.

The ladies use string. In fact, in many traditional markets you can see a lady or two who do this treatment.

As compared to fifteen or twenty years ago, very very many more Taiwan women are shaving their armpits . . . . . . and that suits me to a tea . . . . . . . the problem now is that so many women have mustaches . . . . . .

So, before you set up the shop for the removal of body hair . . . . it might be more cost effective to lobby the mobile phone manufacturers . . . . . . instead of installing digital cameras in their phones, they should install electric razors (especially in the female models) . . . . . so that females could shave their mustaches while they wait for the bus or something . . . . . . well, these are just random comments, and I am sorry if some posters find them offensive.

Richard, is that the ladies do with the string? Remove facial hair? I could never figure out what they were doing and never got close enough to see.

Did it hurt when you removed the hair from your back? Do you know if it hurts on the face?

My sister-in-law knows how to do the string treatment. I can arrange an appointment.

I never thought that body hair would be a problem for foreigners. I thought you guys are pretty proud of that “gene characteristic”! Is it because of the hot weather here or something else?

I’ve never had my facial hair removed though I have to shave my armpits and legs often. I’m a bit hairy compared to the average Taiwanese girls. :laughing: (at least I was when I was younger, but now I think I’m reversing to the mean, strange, huh?!!) But personally I find it unnecessary to have facial hair removed. Except for extreme cases, facial hair is so light-colored, short and fine that people won’t even notice if you have it or not, nor does it influence your appearance. Actually a bit minimal and insignificant defects make a girl look more natural and sexier than perfectly hairless face (er, or maybe I’m jealous!! :mrgreen: ). I do agree, though, to remove or pluck a couple of long accidental hairs on face (not mole hair, simply single long hair). My mother has a couple of long hairs on her chin. I always tell her to pluck them but she insists keeping them for fortune’s sake. Come on, she kept it for years but never won lottery or become rich!!!

If if had a great big mole on my face with massive hairs sprouting from it, I’m definately not going get lucky

Well, I don’t know about that. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve never had the chance to compare a person’s life before mole hair and after mole hair, not that I’m asking for the experience though. Actually I don’t have strong opinion about mole or mole hair although I agree it’s better not to have any on our face or body. My parents don’t have moles. Except for the two or three accidental long hairs on her chin, my mother looks fine. Actually when I think about it, she probably just started to grow it a year or two ago since I don’t remember I’d ever seen them before. And my father, as he gets older now, he has developed black spots on his face because of exposure to sun after all his life without wearing any sun block. It’s sad to see the age marks gradually developed on his face. He was handsome when he was young. Well, it’s sad to see your parents get older and older when you still remember the time when they were young. :frowning:

I think we should definitely start a new thread on MOLE HAIRS, but I am embarassed to do it. Also, perhaps a thread on EXCESSIVE NOSTRIL HAIR would be advisable . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The trouble with his idea is that this nothing a good electric beard trimmer (for armit, chest, and nether region hair) and a good razor (for close shaves of any of the above) can’t solve.

The thing that puzzles me is the appearance of hair on the shoulders and back of Western males, myself included, after a certain age. What the hell? I shave it off, and it stays off for a week or so, thank God.

I remember sharing a hotel room at a trade show with my Italian-American boss. He got back to the room one night, removed his shirt, and rubbed his back on the wall, revealing a nasty red skin rash all over the region. I was a bit disgusted, didn’t ask any questions, and stayed away from that wall. I later learned that he had gone and had his back hair waxed in anticipation of a month-long beach vacation. Said all of the 40ish guys were getting it done. Fucking hilarious.

But now they are putting digital camera capability in mobile phones . . . . . . . . and that is nothing that a good stand-alone digital camera can’t solve, and the stand-alone digital camera has much better picture quality . . . . . . . .

Hence, I feel that mobile phones being equipped with electric razor capability is an extremely good suggestion . . . . . . . . .

Does anyone work at Nokia? I would be willing to sell this idea to them for a small royalty payment, say something in the range of US$ six figures . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Jame Bond has a phone with a zapper, and a remote control for his car.

[quote]Hence, I feel that mobile phones being equipped with electric razor capability is an extremely good suggestion . . . . . . . . .

Does anyone work at Nokia? I would be willing to sell this idea to them for a small royalty payment, say something in the range of US$ six figures . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .[/quote]
You are too late:

This has to be the most bizarre thread I have even seen here.
And you know what, Richard?..[quote]But one time I went and took off my shirt and the lady took the hair off my back .[/quote] there are some things that I never really needed to know. :unamused:

Then you’re going to have some competition, because I’m opening a shop that’s going to use that excess hair as pillow stuffing.

Then you’re going to have some competition, because I’m opening a shop that’s going to use that excess hair as pillow stuffing.[/quote]

And don’t forget toothbrushes.