Theshire2004NA, Fall 1901

Fall 1901

Headlines:

Yes, it’s true! Europe filled with greasy little bastards! England grabs France’s Brest! Turkish naval forces make for blue water! Austria doesn’t get Greeced! Italians vacation in Tunis!

Fall 1901
(Underlined moves failed.)

Austria: F Tri-holds, A Bud-Rum, A Ser-Gre

England: F Nth Sea-con-A Yor-Nor, F Eng-Bre, A Yor-Nor

France: F Mid Atl-Port, A Mar-Spain, A Bur-Mun

Germany: F Den-holds, A Kiel-Hol, A Mun-holds

Italy: F Ion-con-A Apu-Tunis, A Apu-Tunis, A Ven-Tri

Russia: F Both-Swe, A Lvn-War, A Ukr-Gal, F Sev-Arm

Turkey: A Bul-Gre, A Con-Bul, F Ank-Bla

Final unit positions:
Aus: F Tri, A Ser, A Rum
Eng: F Nth, F Brest, A Nor
Fra: A Spain, A Bur, F Port
Ger: A Mun, A Hol, F Den
Ita: F Ionian, A Tun, A Ven
Rus: F Swe, F Arm, A Gal, A War
Tur: A Bul, A Con, F Bla

Fall adjustments

Aus: (Tri) (Bud) (Vie) +(Ser) +(Rum) [color=red]Builds 2[/color]
Eng: (Lon) (Lvp) (Edi) +(Brest) +(Nor) [color=red]Builds 2[/color]
Fra: (Par) (Mar) +(Spain) +(Por) -(Bre) [color=red]Builds 1[/color]
Ger: (Ber) (Mun) (Kiel) +(Hol) +(Den) [color=red]Builds 2[/color]
Ita: (Ven) (Rom) (Nap) +(Tun) [color=red]Builds 1[/color]
Rus: (St. Pete) (Mos) (War) (Sev) +(Swe) [color=red]Builds 1[/color]
Tur: (Ank) (Smy) (Con) +(Bul) [color=red]Builds 1 [/color]

==========================
Press:

Aus-Rus: I told you he would take it.
Aus-Ita: Head west!
Rus-Aus: I changed my mind.
Ita-Eng: Did you show me some lovin’?
Gandalf-All: Where is the spiteful, nasty Press that makes this game so much fun?

Notes: Please double check and make sure there are no mistakes. I would prefer receiving your orders via PM, thanks. When you submit orders please include your country and year in the heading. Also, please make sure that no other orders are listed in your submissions (ie last years orders).

[color=red]Winter 1901 Builds are due tomorrow, Fri, Oct. 1st at 9am.[/color]

Enjoy. :slight_smile:

Is this right?

Austria
A Bud-Rum
A Ser-Gre

England
F Nth c A Yor-Nwy
F Eng-Bre
A Yor-Nwy

France
F mao-por
A Mar-Spa
A Bur-Mun

Germany
A Kie-Hol

Italy
F Ion c A Apu-Tun
A Apu-Tun
A Ven-Tri

Russia
F Bot-Swe
A Lvn-War
A Ukr-Gal
F Sev-Arm

Turkey
A Bul-Gre
A Con-Bul
F Ank-Bla

Yes, the map looks correct.

After the winter builds 1901 are submitted I will be starting my diary of this game.

Builds?

I am waiting for one more set of orders. As I mentioned earlier I want to be a bit flexible with the first year. Perhaps the offending party didn’t realize that builds were due so quickly. And I also don’t want to discourage anyone with a NBR(No Builds Received). 1901 will be the only year where I have this much love in my heart.

Yeah! Some of us have a war to fight. If Johnny Foreigner can’t be bothered getting his act together I don’t see why the combined might of Her Brittanic Majesty’s Armed Forces should be delayed on the road to Berlin. It’s a long way and we want to take in the sights as we go. It’s going to take a lot of planning.

Can’t plan your move 'til you’ve diplomed. Can’t diplome until you know the disposition of the other chap’s forces. Clock is ticking, and the Grand Poobah of Thespia isn’t waiting for anyone. I say to hell with it. I’ve got a tank factory and a shipyard standing idle while we wait for some greasy dago to decide what he wants for breakfast. Do you know how much a welder can drink in a weekend if you don’t give him something to do? Some of those bastards are Irish!! I can’t afford that. Build, I say!!

What is a deadline anyway?

Your Majesty,

Yes, I understand what you are saying and any year after '01 the deadlines will be enforced. The player has been PMed and I am holding out hope that he will respond shortly.

Tell us who it is so we can all invade him!

There was a bit of confusion as to when builds needed to be submitted. For the record, [color=red]builds are due the Friday after the Fall move.[/color]

From Oct. 7-22 I will have limited access to a computer so the results may be a day or two late. Next week’s results will be posted on time.

The board is starting to get crowded and I suspect we will start seeing retreats here soon. Here is an example of how retreats work.

A Mun has been knocked out of position and must retreat. The results are submitted in the report like this:

A Mun (ret: Bur, Kiel, Ber, Ruhr)

The player controlling A Mun is given a list of retreat options and his/her decision on where to retreat is included in the next submission of moves. Players may write “if…then” orders to cover all possible retreats.

Example:

Austria
If A Mun retreats to Bur then
A Boh-Ber
If A Mun retreats to Ruhr then
A Boh-Vienna

Now for the good stuff:

Fall 1901 Adjustments

Aus: Builds A Vie, A Bud
Eng: Builds A Edin, F Lon
Fra: Builds A Par
Ger: Builds F Kiel, A Ber
Ita: Builds F Nap
Rus: Builds F Sev
Tur: Builds A Ank
Gandalf: Builds Death Star

Press
Ger-Eng: I vill make you squeal like little girl.
Gandalf-Eng: Anybody who dresses up in leather and have spiked dildos on their helmets need to be taken seriously when they issue threats like that.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

[quote=“Durins Bane”]The board is starting to get crowded and I suspect we will start seeing retreats here soon. Here is an example of how retreats work.

A Mun has been knocked out of position and must retreat. The results are submitted in the report like this:

A Mun (ret: Bur, Kiel, Ber, Ruhr)

The player controlling A Mun is given a list of retreat options and his/her decision on where to retreat is included in the next submission of moves. Players may write “if…then” orders to cover all possible retreats.

Example:

Austria
If A Mun retreats to Bur then
A Boh-Ber
If A Mun retreats to Ruhr then
A Boh-Vienna[/quote]

I’m not following this. A Boh-Ber and A Boh-Vienna seem like illegal moves and even if they were legal, I’m still not really following it.

Well the blog is updated anyway. You can get the build file from there. Let me know if anyone ever sees errors. :smiley:
theshire2004na.blogspot.com/

Whoops, I guess it is about time to start using a map instead of by memory :blush:

If a unit has to retreat, I will list all possible options. When submitting orders for the nextturn, the player has to list what province he wants to retreat to. All players may write different sets of orders that are dependent on where said unit retreats to.

I will use a part of the map I, hopefully, have committed to memory a bit better. Example:

A Pic-sup-A Ruhr-Bur
A Ruhr-Bur

A Bur-holds (ret: Par, Mar, Gas)

The next turn orders may be written as follows:

If A Bur retreats to Par then:
A Bur-Par
A Pic-sup-A Bur-Par

If A Bur retreats to Gas then:
A Pic-Par
A Bur-sup-A Pic-Paris

If A Bur retreats to Mar then:
A Bur-Gas
A Pic-Par

Does this make it clearer?

[quote=“miltownkid”]Well the blog is updated anyway. You can get the build file from there. Let me know if anyone ever sees errors. :smiley:
theshire2004na.blogspot.com/[/quote]
You forgot to tell RP where Gandalf wanted his unit.

[quote=“Tetsuo”][quote=“miltownkid”]Well the blog is updated anyway. You can get the build file from there. Let me know if anyone ever sees errors. :smiley:
theshire2004na.blogspot.com/[/quote]
You forgot to tell RP where Gandalf wanted his unit.[/quote]
No I didn’t: theshire2004na.miltownkids.com/o … er1901.txt :smiley:

Yeah you did. You told it what unit to build, but you forgot a location :stuck_out_tongue:

The Death Star is everywhere. :laughing:

I thought that would be assumed anyway.

Hey, you can’t expect Realpolitik to know that, it’s just a computer program :laughing:

Oh, I feel this is an appropriate time to point out my sig.

Spring 1902

Headlines:

Austrians and Germans passed out under their bar stools! Russia bounces herself in the Black. England and France on the move. Italy heads East.Turks attempt a coup de main.
Fall 1901
(Underlined moves failed.)

Austria: NMR!

England: F Nth Sea-con-A Edi-Nor, F Bre-MAO, A Edi-Nor, A Nwy-Stp, F Lon-Eng

France: F Port-MAO, A Spain-Gas, A Bur-Pic, A Par-sup-A Bur-Pic

Germany: NMR!

Italy: F Ion-Aeg, A Tunis-hold, A Ven-hold, FNap-Ion

Russia: F Swe-Fin, A War-Mos, A Gal-War, F Sev-Bla, F Arm-Bla

Turkey: A Bul-sup-A Ser-Gre, A Con-Sev, F Bla-con-A Con-Sev, A Ank-Arm

Final unit positions:
Aus: F Tri, A Ser, A Rum, A Bud, A Vie
Eng: F Nth, F Brest, A Nor, A Stp, F Eng
Fra: A Gas, A Pic, F Port, A Par
Ger: A Mun, A Hol, F Den, A Ber, F Kiel
Ita: F Ionian, A Tun, A Ven, F Aeg
Rus: F Fin, F Arm, A Mos, A War
Tur: A Bul, A Con, F Bla, A Ank

==========================
Press:

Rus-Eng: If you came into St. Petersburg, you better be prepared to have your ass handed to you.
Rus-Tur: Anybody for some water thports?

Notes: Please double check and make sure there are no mistakes. I would prefer receiving your orders via PM, thanks. When you submit orders please include your country and year in the heading. Also, please make sure that no other orders are listed in your submissions (ie last years orders).

NMR is No Moves Received.

Sigh, two NMRs this season. I am therefore calling for at least one standby player as I will take one country if push comes to shove. I would like to have two standbys submit orders. Of course, both Ger and Aus are still the players of record unless they NMR in the Fall.

Standbys are players who submit orders if the NMR countries NMR a second time. If the Standby orders are used then they become the player of record. I will see if I can find somebody in my neck of the woods.

[color=red]Fall 1902 Builds are due , Thurs, Oct. 14st at 9am.[/color]

Enjoy. :slight_smile:

Shit! Sorry! Forgot yesterday was Wednesday!

Any chance we could have a little reminder post in here on Wednesdays?

No worries. It doesn’t seem to have done any major damage to the Germans. I take it you are still in?

If so, then Durins Bane is called to be the standby player for Austria.

If I become the player of record then I will be submitting orders one day before the rest of you. I will not open any orders until mine have been submitted.