They aren't sending their best

How is this guy still in Taiwan (unless he’s on an APRC or something.

If he tried that in the States the cops would have shot him by now.
www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3649795

Link stolen from Reddit so credit to the poster there.

I still don’t understand why Mr Everington feels the need to emphasise he’s an English Teacher. How is that important to the story? Even the report from SET waited until deep into the paragraph before mentioning it as a side note. In the SET report, it is mentioned a whopping two times. Mr Everington’s report mentions it twice as much. What’s this guy got against American English Teachers?

1 Like

When you’re looking up the nostrils of everyone around you, you gotta find someone to look down your nose at? Ironic considering he learned Chinese from somebody?

1 Like

Oh crap I didn’t notice it was posted elsewhere

That said yes, his being an English teacher is a non event.

1 Like

Slow news day?

The story fits in (almost) perfectly with the “boorish, misbehaving white English teacher” meme. This is why it overemphasizes the English teacher aspect and completely avoids mentioning that he isn’t white.

3 Likes

You’ve never met one of those guys? The guy who constantly states he’s not an English teacher? The guy who really understands Taiwanese culture?

2 Likes

But it’s just one guy. There’s bad apples in the ESL ex-pat community. That’s nothing new. The real tragedy is this will now be used as an excuse to denigrate all foreign teachers/instructors for the next few weeks until the next distraction.

EDIT: Oh, and he’s not even white. What a surprise. It seems most of the bad buxibans teacher behavior these days is by Taiwanese-Americans.

2 Likes

Reading the article, this guy seems like he has mental issues and isn’t just a run-of-the-mill asshole.

Who voluntarily barges into a police station when they’re rip-roaring drunk? It’s also incredible that the cramschool kept him employed after his previous run-ins with the police.

Imagine finding out you’re paying good money for this nutcase to “teach” your kid.

2 Likes

I’m more interested in who pays K- man good money to write stuff.

I doubt the K-ster is making good money.

3 Likes

Quality educators are hard to find.

A quick look at the k-mans youtube channel will give you the answers you are seeking.

K man if your reading this I have already downloaded most of the ‘juicy’ videos on your channel. There’s no point in making anymore of your videos private or deleting them.

My Taiwan YouTube channel is growing pretty rapidly (60k subs). Once I get enough of a following I’m going to switch up my content and start making ‘social commentary’ videos on the people I feel are doing a disservice to Taiwan’s media and Taiwan in general.

The old bait n switch

4 Likes

The Politburo Illuminati of Shadowy Freemasons who Sell Amway, Torture Puppies and Pay K-Man Association.

Not really.

1 Like

I’m very against excessive and unnecessary force used by the police. But man, Taiwan police needs to toughen up, the guy is assaulting you and you’re trying to persuade him, a drunk person, to just leave. Never mind being a police officer, a drunk guy assaulting me is going to get knock the f out. There’s no reasoning with belligerent drunks.

2 Likes

time to lay low guys. its gonna take a few days until people are bored of slagging off foreigners and have it out of their system, or theres another news story.

2 Likes

Kind of like that other meme we had a while back, if you replace “boorish” with “murderous” and “white” with, well, something else. :cactus: