Things I try not to think about

In no particular order. . .

Every time I receive someone else’s mail and open it (just in case it might be important), somewhere else in the world someone received my mail and is opening it.

How closely my boss has reviewed my computer history at work, reading personal e-mails and perhaps keeping track of time spent on Forumosa.

How many times my email address, password and other personal info have been stolen by online thieves.

Whether the cook washed his hands after using the toilet.

What’s that funny noise coming from the engine of the airplane.

What’s crawling around on my toothbrush, especially since I dropped it on the bathroom floor yesterday and said. . . aw hell, I’m sure if I just rinse it off it will be fine.

How many more years I’ll have to work until I retire.

Will my mom die first or my dad and how will the survivor cope.

What an incredible tragedy it would be to lose ones child.

How will I feel when boys start dating my little girl, and trying to get into her pants.

How many more years will I live in Taiwan.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]In no particular order. . .
[/quote]

There were a few items on that list I just do not go near, no point served as far as I can see.

I’d look at changing the list to the following;

Don’t think about these things and never write them down.

[quote=“Ironman”]There were a few items on that list I just do not go near, no point served as far as I can see.

I’d look at changing the list to the following;

Don’t think about these things and never write them down.[/quote]

I assume you’re referring to the last one. Scary, huh?

Yeah, that to.

No, the kids one hits my button. I can’t handle the worry of sick kids and the other thought I can’t even write down. (enough on that one)

Sick adults barely get any sympathy. Ask Mr He, he fell off his bicycle at around 30kmh when riding with me last week. He kept talking about being hurt and I was doing the “she’ll be right mate” get back on we have mountains to climb.

Poor bastard was hurt. He PM’d me from Denmark. Bruising is still coming out.

You want to know what’s scary? The number of sexual predators/sex offenders that probably live within a kilometre of your place. It’s not just the boys in one’s daughter’s high school you have to worry about - it’s sick, twisted individuals who think nothing of scarring forever the lives of young boys and girls.

But hey, how about those toothbrush germs!

[quote=“Maoman”]You want to know what’s scary? The number of sexual predators/sex offenders that probably live within a kilometre of your place. It’s not just the boys in one’s daughter’s high school you have to worry about - it’s sick, twisted individuals who think nothing of scarring forever the lives of young boys and girls.

But hey, how about those toothbrush germs![/quote]

Gee, now that’s really comforting. I’ll be sure not to think about that one. :s

This is a good idea for the parenting thread actually. How to prepare your kids to be on the lookout for weirdos.

This is one of the reasons I do not like strangers coming up to my son and saying hi, how cute! and touching him. Don’t want him to feel that it’s ok for people he doesn’t know to put their hands on him.

hey, good to know i’m not the only crazy one.

[quote=“jdsmith”]This is a good idea for the parenting thread actually. How to prepare your kids to be on the lookout for weirdos.

This is one of the reasons I do not like strangers coming up to my son and saying hi, how cute! and touching him. Don’t want him to feel that it’s ok for people he doesn’t know to put their hands on him.[/quote]

Check out “Protecting the Gift” by Gavin De Becker.

If you really want to worry just go to the “sexual predator list” for your hometown. I forgot the address but you can just google it.

It’s amazing that in one of the worst high crime areas I lived there were relatively few predators but in a middle class suburban town I where I also lived there were too many to list. There was even one a few houses down from my old address.

The problem is you don’t know if they molested a 7 year old (that’s a killin’ offence) or if they had sex with a 17-year-old prostitute (not a killin’ offence.)

Richardm’s naked, oiled, inviting nipples.

Between BFM’s soft, eager lips.

Damn you guys. Just when I finally got that picture out of my head. . .

Here’s another:

Did I come inside her or not? :help:

“My nipples explode with delight!”

Try not to think about a giant purple gorilla.

[quote=“Maoman”]You want to know what’s scary? The number of sexual predators/sex offenders that probably live within a kilometre of your place. It’s not just the boys in one’s daughter’s high school you have to worry about - it’s sick, twisted individuals who think nothing of scarring forever the lives of young boys and girls.
[/quote]

Amen to that. It is become scarier since the news is reporting it more and more. Actually it really saddness me, because I wonder what the heck is going on in America (can’t speak for other countries)

What I try not to think about is :

1)the state of employment rights in taiwan
2)What I will eat that will taste good
3)The air
4)the noise
5)lack of affection and generosity in this society or society at large
6)Whether or not I’ve been ripped off when I made a certain purchase
7) Am I doing what God intended me to do with my life, or just futzing around
8)A certain person’s behavior that really gets my goat
9)Why I didn’t take certain risks in my life or should I be taking more
10)If the grass is actually greener on the otherside…

When you find out, it’s shocking. And that’s just the registered ones in my area in the UK. The un-registered are said to add 30% to the total number but havn’t yet been caught/not enough evidence to convict.

[quote]Big Fluffy Matthew wrote:
Richardm’s naked, oiled, inviting nipples.[/quote]

That’s also shocking, but in a kinky way.

[quote=“jdsmith”]This is a good idea for the parenting thread actually. How to prepare your kids to be on the lookout for weirdos.

This is one of the reasons I do not like strangers coming up to my son and saying hi, how cute! and touching him. Don’t want him to feel that it’s ok for people he doesn’t know to put their hands on him.[/quote]

Off topic–It’s good to teach kids to be on the lookout, but what’s a weirdo? Look at the ‘weirdo’ in the US who was a serial killer for years. He was a quiet neat neighbor, who was a part of his chruch community. You can never really tell anymore, that’s the shame.

The cub scout that got lost in Utah for 4 days, was lost too long because his parents told him not to talk to strangers. How about teaching kids discernment?

Its the price to pay for the liberalization of society. If you don’t believe this you are part of the problem.

I’m trying not to think about that dog I saw running with a bewildered look on its face along the left shoulder of the freeway the other night.

[quote=“Namahottie”] What I try not to think about is :

1)the state of employment rights in Taiwan
2)What I will eat that will taste good
3)The air
4)the noise
5)lack of affection and generosity in this society or society at large
6)Whether or not I’ve been ripped off when I made a certain purchase
7) Am I doing what God intended me to do with my life, or just futzing around
8)A certain person’s behavior that really gets my goat
9)Why I didn’t take certain risks in my life or should I be taking more
10)If the grass is actually greener on the otherside…[/quote]

1: Your employed because you have good working skills and education to boot.
2: Taste… hmmm that’s a very personal issue.
3: The airs great wher I am… come for a visit.
4: The lack of noise is great where I live, come for a visit.
5: You can’t expect to have no touchy feely because you’ll be accused of being a predator… then complain about lak of affection and generosity.
Charity begins at home doesnt it?
6: A fool and her money soon part ways. You pays what you like to pay…
7: I guess me being godless must assume you’re futzing around.
8: Hate is a wasted emotion. That person probably don’t give a hoot what you feels. So don’t wast your feelings on goats. People… yes.
9: Risk reward ratio is always relative to happiness. So risk away.
10: If it’s so green over there why all those returnees?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: