Things that I love/hate in Summer

sorry, but that is so true… I even installed a fan on my first floor bathroom.
The best way is to go just before you take a shower… this way you save the trouble…

Another good thing is that when you come out of the shower, you almost have no need of drying up.

Gas bills do tend to be lower in summer for me, cause I do almost everything (except the shower and jacuzzi, which I can’t do it yet) in cold water.

I too hate the summer sauna toilet.

In summer I love:

• The weather just before a thunderstorm when you can see without sunglasses and the air is heavy and full of energy.
  • Being on the beach when the sky is a pure blue above a pure blue ocean (rare in Taiwan)
  • Going up to Yanmingshan to get above the pollution and experience a 10 degrees drop in temperature.
  • (At home): Backyard cricket and beer at 8:30pm when it feels like a late afternoon with the Sun still up and it seems like it was only a half-day at work.

i just LOVE the summers in Taiwan and always look forward to it. Love dragon boat festival because its the beginning of summer and hate the mid autumn festival because it marks the end of summer. Polo shirts, boat shoes with no socks as the order of the day. Love going to the beach in fulung, lung tung, gin sha wan. Not to mention kenting.

do very much hate all the skeeter bites i get tho. Sometimes i enjoy the winter (hot spring baths especially) but i do wish winter was about 30 days long only and the rest was summer !!

And in summer i feel thinner even if im not.

cold showers several times a day.

There’s something really wrong with the words ‘sauna’ and ‘toilet’ being put together.

I’m glad some of you have the same problem though. I’m not alone. :laughing: Now where is the Taiwan promotion TV commercial for that one!!

Things I hate about summer:

When it is so hot that my balls stick to my leg and then i have to do a slight squat jiggle thing to loosen them. I refuse to dig into my pants and take care of business

Things I love about summer:

Girls in skimpy clothes
Swimming outside
Not being locked up in the house cause its below zero degrees outside
Longboarding
Fishing
Summertime specialty brews

I only hate one thing about the summer in Taiwan. If I want to do intense physical activity outside (ie run) I must do it at 6am or 10pm. Nowhere in between.

As for what I love. Absolutely everything else, but especially the girls in less clothing.

Weather’s nice today. Should be good viewing.

Ecaps

What I hate about summer in Taiwan… everything everyone else already mentioned. Oh yeah rain + humidity = sweating in the rain.

What I love about summer in Taiwan… everything everyone elsed already mentioned. Especially the girls in skimpy clothing! Although, isn’t that pretty much every where in the summer?

I hate:

• On the bus/mrt: people that stink like hell
  • Sweating in places where there is no AC, while I am still ‘fresh’
  • The MRT company; for turning off AC and fans at night to save money

And I hate:

• long days of rain,and high humidity
  • heat, humidity, sweat, combined with Taiwanese filthiness and stinginess
  • people that always sound negative

I hate:
-all the usual summer “hates” that can’t be fixed without a swimming pool or ocean close by

I love:
-ice cream, popsicles,
-suntanning, long hot summer nights, sitting on the patio for hours after dinner
-everyone’s general casualness in dress and attitude
-and more sights like this

Trim that hedge, papi chulo, trim it goooood

:laughing:

skimpy summer outfits . yaa !!

youtube.com/watch?v=wl-erciPfTE

Yeah, I taught her that after I trimmed her hedges. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

[quote=“tommy525”]skimpy summer outfits . yaa !!

youtube.com/watch?v=wl-erciPfTE[/quote]

yawn

[quote=“tommy525”]skimpy summer outfits . yaa !!

I had the last track from the Kinks’s masterpiece “Are the Village Green Preservation Society” (released in 1968, for those who are counting) on the headphones when I clicked on your link. I paused the Kinks and turned up the Youtube volume, and almost retched. Literally.

And yes, in case you’re wondering, the point of this post is to exhibit how unassailably superior my musical tastes are.

[quote=“porcelainprincess”][quote=“tommy525”]skimpy summer outfits . yaa !!

I had the last track from the Kinks’s masterpiece “Are the Village Green Preservation Society” (released in 1968, for those who are counting) on the headphones when I clicked on your link. I paused the Kinks and turned up the Youtube volume, and almost retched. Literally.

And yes, in case you’re wondering, the point of this post is to exhibit how unassailably superior my musical tastes are.[/quote]

music? what music? I had the volume down. I was watching the girl !

EDIT: ok , I admit it, I actually liked the song too :sunglasses: