Things the next generation won't recognize

5 Likes

It is frightening to see how many of these words could be used today.

“Things the next generation won’t recognize”

Full-time teaching jobs in Taiwan. :smirk:

1 Like

although , I notice an awful lot of new schools being built in Taichung. I have a sneaky suspicion that them thar Mainlanders may get a foot in the door , somehow. Strange.

Are they not hiring hundreds of teachers for elementary schools?

Honestly, I don’t know. I was just trying to make a cheap joke for a cheap laugh. It was late.

There’s only been full time English teaching jobs, in the private sector, for about 20 years anyway.

Honest is good.:grin:
In fact it seems you were very wrong from this nugget of news. Both in terms of full time jobs and things the next generation would not recognize.

Of course you may need to be an actual qualified teacher for these jobs!
I have seen the job ads already, some of these jobs are definitely real.
Meanwhile in my line of work there’s probably 1 or 2 job opps in Taiwan per year.

I’m a full-time uni instructor, so I’m doing okay. Just hear a lot of people bang on about a lack of full-time positions out there, more than a few years ago anyway. A lot of people complain about frankensteining together part-time gigs just to make ends meet. But like I said, this isn’t something I put a ton of thought into. If more jobs are being created, then that’s great.

I don’t frankenstein part-time gigs, I just do it to avoid putting all my eggs in one basket. Learned it the hard way: divide and conquer!

Back on topic: matches. You can’t even buy them in Taiwan anymore.

THERE WON’T BE A NEXT GENERATION

(#endofdays)

Us. After grandkids we will barely be remembered if at all

Oops: just saw now the ‘next’ in next generation. I gues the kids will still remember :thinking:

Thanks Mom.

Yep. No matchbox factories in Taiwan anymore.

Taiwan Match is still a megarich company though I guess.

I know this theme is getting a bit old, but I reckon the next generation won’t know what this sign means:

1 Like

I suspect if public washrooms were better designed, we wouldn’t need that sign anyway, and woman would spend much less time in lines.

1 Like

The idea of dividing washrooms by men and women was for women’s safety and feeling of security , and still is I guess.

1 Like

I’m very torn on the topic. I know in this divided hyper-partisan era, you have to strictly adhere to one side or another or you just end up pissing off both sides. But I can see merits in both arguments; like you said, women’s safety is an issue. On the other hand, I know gender dysphoria is also a real thing and I don’t want to cause additional stress or trauma to those who feel they’re being forced into an identity that doesn’t conform with who they really are.

The word rewind. It’s more and more of a “trip down memory lane” rather than its original meaning to wind cassettes up again.