Things you have eaten during a Typhoon

Guys, if I were you, I would start worrying about tomorrow’s lunch. Remember: the stuff that was not sold on the eateries today will be your lunch tomorrow.

I bought an extra curry bientang from a reliable place around my house so I do not have to depnd on what, ifs tomorrow.

Mcdonalds and 7-11…

I have all the ingredients for a big salad for tomorrows lunch. But then, I usually eat salad for lunch 4-5 times a week, so my fridge is always stocked.

Earlier today I ate a third of a jar of peanut butter while watching downloaded TV shows. I was going to eat it with my finger, but I thankfully found a pair of chopsticks lying around the house.

Some happin’ music in the background. A fusion of sorts?[/quote]

Dunno, Radio Paradise from my computer.[/quote]

The second song is “Blood Makes Noise” by Suzanne Vega.

I cooked up some sambal prawns with tapioca noodles, was pretty nice, although the noddles weren’t fantastic. Having a kitchen and a large fridge with a freezer really helps in this country. As long as there electricity and gas works, I’d be fine for at least a week if not two. Also buy bottled water by the crate, so no worries there either.
The only problem tends to be veggies, as they don’t last all that long, but we stocked up on fruit and veggies the day before. I just love the 24h fruit market in Taoyuan.

ME thinks Bcup didnt quite know josefus meant with the RED SNAPPER :slight_smile::slight_smile:

I think Costco broccoli lasts longer than other green vegetables (including most local broccoli).

That’d be cause of the radiation treatment… makes wonders for apples too I’ve heard

I think it’s more pertinent to ask what haven’t you eaten during a phoon, in which case I am very proud to say that not once have I ever resorted to eating instant noodles, or even a candle! Mind you, I do look forward to the phoon that shuts down all the 7-11s and food stalls within reasonable walking/scoot distance.

HG

Well, regardless of how bad it gets, there’ll always be roaches, stray dogs and cats. Perhaps that’s why the locals are so tolerant of them. Never know when food supplies may run low. Planning ahead kind of thing… :smiling_imp:

Yes, I got it…

I don’t get it.

I do. Think fishy vagina.

I do. Think fishy vagina.[/quote]

Fish is great, finger licking good. Vaginas can be great but fishy vagina??? UGH. Yesyesyes I know what you meant. Couldnt resist tho.

Fish is great, finger licking good. Vaginas can be great but fishy vagina??? UGH. Yesyesyes I know what you meant. Couldnt resist tho.[/quote]

:idunno: There’s nothing another drink wouldn’t cure…

Okay, but I still don’t get it.

Okay, but I still don’t get it.[/quote]

Good golly miss molly. OH ya I guess you ddint see this thread then:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … c&&start=0

You can keep the fishy shit. Me? I had tender roast beast, cooked with spuds and carrots slathered down with a healthy portion of beef gravy. Polished off with a bottle of the Scot’s finest. Fish? Come on! I get it but I really don’t want it.

And there you have it… there are those that eat fish and those that eat beef. yup yup