Things you want to do before you die

Not necessary now. Maybe someday.

Feel a sense of belonging somewhere.

Done everything else, really.

1 Like

You do not need go so far, Sapporo Japan in the winter. Can get there NT$4K with low cost airline (Japan is opening up)

PS> my dream run (another) start up business

4 Likes

Oh yes, Hokkaido is also an interesting place. I have a friend living there.

TBH I’ve probably done most of what I want to do with my life. Je ne regrette rien. The world is shaping up to be pretty dark for my remaining years, and all I’m really hoping now is that it doesn’t pan out the way I’m expecting it to. I’d just like to be left alone to drink tea and sit around being a curmudgeonly old pensioner.

3 Likes

Hey @Taiwan_Luthiers , that sounds like an offer you can’t refuse.

3 Likes

Yes. I also see this reality. But, I try not to let these negative things to have a big impact in my life. I try to dream. Even I don’t get all my dreams, at least I have some expectations. I am afraid to live in a dark world and not having the rights to dream, either.

1 Like

Come over to the bright side …
and become a drunk pensioner.

1 Like

I enjoy feeding people. It’s something I’ve done on a commercial basis previously and I intend to do it again, as a retirement plan. I have a half-assed plan to open a restaurant on my farm for those who don’t have any money cos they didn’t sign up with IngSoc.

You really don’t wanna play in the snow. It’s fun for five minutes, but after that it’s just cold and wet.

5 Likes

It won’t be a problem when you’re dead.

2 Likes

The best time to see the snow is when it starts snowing. This is how I saw the snow for the first time. I went to Czec Republic for few months and it started snowing in the last day. I wrote a song “It snowed during the last day”. The feeling was great. Because I felt something telling me “You may leave Czec Republic, but don’t leave without seeing the snow for the first time”.

1 Like

Oh, definitely. When it’s been turned into brown slush by cars 24 hours later, it looks a lot less impressive.

Did you build a snowman? You gotta build a snowman.

It is hard to find starving people in Taiwan. The last time I showed a homeless man a menu to choose his bento box, he refused. He said he prefer I give him some cash. So, I gave him NT100.

1 Like

I think it is better I reply to you on a new thread. See you…

Can we set up a poll?
Which would you rather see:
A: PoisonIvy joins TaiwanLuthiers in snowy Hokkaido.
B: PoisonIvy joins finley on his people-feeding farm.

Actually I just want to enjoy life’s simple pleasures… farmin’, runnin’ through a sprinkler, sittin’ on an airhose…

Oh nice! It seems you don’t need money to enjoy your life. Why don’t you donate all you have to me? So, I can go to Hokkaido with TaiwanLuthiers to see the snow and open a people-feeding farm with finley? lol

1 Like

I don’t have a lot of money, but I have a few trophies.

1 Like

Buy an apartment with balcony in Portugal, Croatia or Greece Islands. Spent 8 months there, there, 2 months in Taiwan and 2 months traveling. Working remote 3 days per week. Do a lot of bicycling and make love with my wife while breathing Mediterranean air.

3 Likes

This is a great plan. I have been to Portugal and Greece. Not in Croatia yet.

I’ll need someone to shovel snow off the pathways. It could be a win-win scenario.

2 Likes