Think your job sucks?

story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s … 4n0aq.html

If this is for real, all I have to say is, Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!

“You’re Fired !” :laughing:

This makes an interesting photo but (in addition to the guy sitting under the target) the building with the window in the background should give you a pretty strong hint that the scene is obviously not a firing range.

The AP says they are “firing their unloaded pistols.” But how do you fire an unloaded pistol?

Hey, it’s the PRC. Why do you think an inhabited building would stop them from taking target practice??

Dry-firing is a common way of practicing at home for competitive shooters. The main thing is, you can actually see if you are moving the gun’s muzzle away from your point of aim as you pull the trigger. It lets you practice holding rock-steady as you fire. If you’ve developed bad habits (e.g., a flinch) you can see it easily.

I doubt that police would find it particularly useful, though, especially PRC police. Probably just a way of saving a few cents so that their commandant can steal the money.

Hey, it’s the PRC. Why do you think an inhabited building would stop them from taking target practice??[/quote]

To be honest I did quickly scan the concrete in the photo for anything that might look like bloodstains from an ill-aimed practice shot. :slight_smile:

Dry-firing is a common way of practicing at home for competitive shooters. The main thing is, you can actually see if you are moving the gun’s muzzle away from your point of aim as you pull the trigger. It lets you practice holding rock-steady as you fire. If you’ve developed bad habits (e.g., a flinch) you can see it easily.[/quote]

Thanks. That makes sense. I learn something new everyday.

Typical communist state…The inefficiancy here is too much! They just needed to create another job because they have too many people doing nothing on the payroll…can’t you just make a target with ‘feet’ so you don’t need someone there all the time??

The only place you would see such wasteful spending in a capitalistic society is someone working for the governement! :unamused:

I used to do a lot of shooting and stalking, using shotguns and rifles, but I was always warned that dry-firing was bad for the firing mechanism – something about you could easily damage the pin if there’s no blasting cap for it to strike.

I used to do a lot of shooting and stalking, using shotguns and rifles, but I was always warned that dry-firing was bad for the firing mechanism – something about you could easily damage the pin if there’s no blasting cap for it to strike.[/quote]
Depends on the firearm and its design. There are some, like the CZ-52, which are guaranteed break something within one or two dry-fires. Many cheap rimfires will be damaged by the firing pin smashing into the side of the chamber (I damaged one of mine that way). But most firearms are able to handle it, either because they were designed with that having been considered or because they are simply of decent quality to begin with.

Shit those avos look good, not at all like the watery local variety.

Get thee to Costco for a bag of five Californian Haas avocadoes. Oily, buttery, delicious.