This Week’s WTF Story Award Goes to… (2022 edition)

I love the alliteration in the title :joy:

2 Likes

It’s more than just alliteration. This would’ve been better: Catatonic catnapping cats categorized catastrophe

3 Likes

We need a new thread called “Wack Things in Japan” as that is apparently where that photo was taken, as best as I can determined (maybe somewhere in Kyushu?).

Guy

2 Likes

Never mind stopping to carry electronics or chocolates that most certainly have African child-labor and slave labor woven into their sourcing, that would hit too hard. Instead, Wal-mart and other retailers flex their deeply flawed sense of CSR by drawing the line at “forced monkey labor”…

4 Likes

:monkey:

5 Likes
4 Likes

Seems fair to be honest

8 Likes

From the lofty heights of Indian cuisine to this! It could not have been an easy transition.

Guy

1 Like

This is truly WTF!

An insurance company is responsible for a personal decision to have car sex?

What if one become’s pregnant while having car sex?

Would insurance cover that, too?

Would condom use or other birth control use or failure to use come into play?

This is crazy!

7 Likes

No other words for it. I hope Geico appeals the decision as far as they can.

5 Likes

That’s a bit frivolous

It depends on the wording of the policy, doesn’t it? If Geico wasn’t careful enough about that, more power to her, I’d say. They’ll surely shaft you based on wording every single chance they get.

3 Likes

That is true.
The lawsuit is still ridiculous, tho.
:upside_down_face:

1 Like
3 Likes

True.

The insurer isn’t “responsible” for the action, but it’s responsible for the payment as long as X criteria are met. Like when you get a laobao payment for the death of someone who had nothing to do with your job and possibly never set foot in Taiwan.

2 Likes

Exploding electric scooters in China… :open_mouth:

6 Likes

Bloody hell! Is that some kind of battery defect? It look horribly dangerous.

Guy

3 Likes

Positive covid test delivered by text?

2 Likes

It looked too explosive to be true, and indeed it was:

Many of the shorts in the tweet are quite scary and seem real! like the one about a charging scooter at home!

I wonder if the one with the girl and the grandpa was an electric bike or that was just regular old gasoline burning.

7 Likes

I think I’d need 20k to start thinking about this

7 Likes