This Week’s WTF Story Award Goes to… (2022 edition)

Never heard of cloning? Come on, humans, it’s the gene therapy era! :roll:

(Also, survival of the species is about a lot more than just selection of clever DNA for reproduction. Conservation of resources, education of the younger generations…)

(Also also, even without cloning she could still reproduce at that age. Not common but happens now and then.)

Yes, that was my point. If you’re going to remove yourself from the gene pool, you have to do it reasonably early. Otherwise you’ve already contributed to the gene pool, one way or another.

1 Like

Hope he feels the full rigor.

4 Likes

Exploiting kids to make racist videos to make money in China. Classy!

Guy

1 Like

If only sandwich makers were armed, they could kill any customer who complained. Or at least have a shootout to see who is correct.

9 Likes

Now that deserves a nomination to the WTF Awards
:scream:

It’s clearly time for more thoughts and prayers. Or fortifying the entrances to sandwich shops. Or arming sandwich shop workers. If we had more guns, this would not happen! /sarcasm off

Guy

2 Likes

We should also look into ballistic aprons.

2 Likes

Being tested on ethics? NEVER!

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/28/business/ernst-and-young-sec-cheating-fine/index.html

The Securities and Exchange Commission said Tuesday that a “significant number” of the accounting firm’s auditors cheated on the ethics portion of the Certified Public Accountant test and other courses needed to maintain the licenses.

2 Likes

Are you ready for Chinese medieval russian fanfic?

6 Likes

The WTF is not for the brawl, but for seeing that African-Americans like to go on cruise ships. Is it for the all-you-can-drink-and-eat bonanza?

Sadly (to me), most of Zhemao’s hundreds upon hundreds of fake entries have been deleted from Wikipedia—and so we are denied a chance to read the one, true, Great Internet Novel.

But isn’t it still available in the edit history? (I would check but just don’t find Chinese medieval Russian fan fic that interesting.)

No such thing as bad publicity. Businesses all over the country are thinking " Cheating on an ethics test? That’s the accounting firm for me!"

1 Like

Cross-post:

2 Likes

Math is hard

This line from the article is exactly what I thought:

Those who commented with less joviality said the son might have handed in the exam with blank responses as a form of silent protest, and that the father needed to reassess whether his own method of teaching his son was correct.

3 Likes

This caught my eye:

The man’s wife can be heard laughing in the background.

4 Likes

Chocolate dipped with nuts and a double double, please.

1 Like

That’s more 4 years old

2 Likes

Geez, you’re right! I see that now. It was linked beneath another news article.

1 Like