This Week’s WTF Story Award Goes to… (2022 edition)

https://www.rawstory.com/2657210192/

The escaping spiders clocked some impressive statistics: their average peak speed was 65 centimeters per second, with an acceleration of 200 meters per second squared. That’s equivalent to 20 Gs, or 20 times the acceleration felt during freefall.

Zhang said he believes the females were judging males’ sexual suitability by their ability to escape.
“Through the catapulting, a male can escape female sexual cannibalism, and a female can choose males with high quality, because the kinetic performance may directly correlate with male’s physical condition,” he said.
Even though they have already mated, females may go on to only accept the sperm of males that passed the test, explained Zhang.

And guys think we have it rough asking a girl to dance.

4 Likes

Oh man. The catapulting has definitely gotta be used in the next Spider-Man film.

2 Likes

G3X7W5SRHCEVP2PX2DC6DEZTWY

4 Likes

Washington also told officers he believed he was being followed by assassins

1 Like

Out/House

It still may count as a crime scene, though. :2cents:

2 Likes

What’s the statute of limitations in Mexico? Does it extend to the pre-Columbia era? :thinking:

Guy

1 Like

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s from 2022, but I couldn’t just let it languish in Temp!

4 Likes

“Can you imagine six years of your life with a penis swinging on your arm? It’s been a nightmare, but it’s gone now — the little bugger.”

Echoes the Iranian joke (sorry, kinda long):

2 Likes

So much for the definition of a Canadian as someone who knows how to make love in a canoe:

From accidental tent burning with hot lanterns to flood-related issues due to rain-filled tents, the majority of respondents, 39 per cent, who were asked to rate their own level of camping competence confessed that their skills are poor at best, if not outright dangerous. Only 36.3 per cent of Canadians rated themselves as ‘ok’.

2 Likes
3 Likes

They’re having difficulty getting people to sign up, this was the result they wanted from the survey. It can be taken with a grain of salt…

This story from Changhua gets my vote for this week’s WTF story:

Guy

4 Likes

Next level filial piety. :no_mouth:

7 Likes

So much love… it warms the heart

5 Likes

Naw, I think Canadians are invested in this image of themselves as rugged outdoors people, when actually most people these days are pampered city-dwellers- not that there’s any thing wrong with that.

1 Like

Probably not the ones that can’t set up a tent

1 Like