This week's game: What's the next one?

OK, all takers.
All you have to do is provide the next entry in this sequence…I’ll give you the first 6:

Is it 2?

3 ? Or it has a 3 in it. Or maybe a 2.

It’s a tapestry pattern. So it must be: 3

Whatchya weavin’ there, chief? Looks like some Ukrainian motif from Saska-something-country. Cool!

I hope this is right, cos it’s driving me MAD!!!

(I expect an explanation if it’s right, btw)

Big winner!
You rule.
Come on down and pick up the keys to your new Buick!!! :bravo:

(I expect an explanation if it’s right, btw)[/quote]13112221 reading the digits in pairs = one 3,one 1,two 2’s,two 1’s, refering to the digits of the one above (312211).
so the next one would be 1113213211

(I expect an explanation if it’s right, btw)[/quote]13112221 reading the digits in pairs = one 3,one 1,two 2’s,two 1’s, refering to the digits of the one above (312211).
so the next one would be 1113213211[/quote]

Yup

Clever!
Who’s doing the next one? Ratlung?

Sorry that I came short with the explanation, but the moment I typed in the sequence, my boss came by, and I only had time to press the “Submit” button. I will try to think of something, but might take a little longer. So stay tuned, or maybe somebody else wants to go ahead.

OK, since ratlung isn’t doing one, I’ll give you an easy one just to get the ball rolling again…

What’s the next number in this sequence?

one, three, five, four, four

counting the letters, the next would be four

[quote=“david”]one, three, five, four, four

counting the letters, the next would be four[/quote]

Correctamundo. Like i said it was pretty easy that one.

Fancy asking one, David, or should I put a more difficult one up?

OK. Here’s a hard one I made up, so I’m hoping you won’t be able to google it.

15, 20, 20, 6, 6, 19, 19, 5, …

I’ve given you quite a few numbers to make it easier to find the trend.

Good luck.

Heh Heh Heh :smiling_imp: You shouldn’t have said that.

… but because I cheated, I won’t tell what the secret is. So for people who aren’t cheats, what comes after 14?

(Oh, and I didn’t cheat for the previous one - in fact Google fails on that one!)

Oh, you were able to Google it? I guess it was pretty obvious then.

Seriously though, now you know the answer, do you REALLY think you needed to Google that? Well?

Did I need to? Dunno. It’s obvious once you know, but that doesn’t mean I’d have thought of it.

But I blame you … you practically asked me to google it :slight_smile:

So anyone interested in trying this or should I just post the solution and make fools of you all (except for David, though he DID Google the answer :wink: )?

OK, well, due to the fact that no-one’s answering, either no-one is interested, or it’s too hard (I fear it may be the first one, lol).

So here’s the solution:

15 (represents the letter “o” (15th letter of the alphabet), which is the first letter in “one”)
20 (represents the letter “t”, which is the first letter in “two”)
20 (represents the letter “t”, which is the first letter in “three”)

Need I continue? So the missing one, as David has said, would be 14 (“n” - nine)