This year's Hohaiyan festival

I see the link and clicked on it, only to find there appear to be NO bands. Lots of DJs and bikini contests, but NO bands.
I know for a damn fact of at least one band that’s playing, so what’s the story?
“Buddy House” (good christ! What a crappy name!) get your shit together please.

saw the ad on TV

[quote=“sandman”]I see the link and clicked on it, only to find there appear to be NO bands. Lots of DJs and bikini contests, but NO bands.
I know for a damn fact of at least one band that’s playing, so what’s the story?
“Buddy House” (good christ! What a crappy name!) get your shit together please.[/quote]
Yeah, it’s a promotion by a Jinmen liquor company - Forumosans get free booze if they follow the link. I agree it’s a lousy name, but apparently the powers that be think it’s genius. :unamused: The ad isn’t supposed to promote Hohaiyan, just the liquor company’s activities there. :idunno:

The website is at http://hohaiyan.com/ and there’s a list of bands there. David Chen and I will be playing with Passiwali at around 6/7pm on Sunday.

Wow! Not that I’m not blown out that Poagao and Dave are playing, but strike me purple! 崔健 (Cui Jian) on sunday night!!! That’s flipping amazing!

A very promising lineup. I’m almost glad I’m not going back for that Greedy people pig fest, as I might have been forced to up early, tights or not, and head to see Cui Jian.*

HG

• Axctually, having just deposited the good Lord Lucan on an MRT to TST after a naturally heavy night, I’m quite pleased not to ber involved in the madness that is about to announce his temporary return to your wee island.

You’ll be missed.

Cheers Tigerman . . . truth be known, I’d love to be there, of course. Have a good one, as I’m absolutely sure you will.

Meanwhile, I’m temporarily debilitated after last night’s festivities here in Wanchai with LL and the infrequent poster, dogged - who will also be a pig eater on the day. What’s worse, just one hour ago LL was negotiating with a certain Taipei publican about what refreshments to fill the limo being sent to pick him up from the airport this evening. Shudder! It’s a young man’s game.

HG