Thorough Health Exam?

[quote=“flowergirl247”][quote=“Icon”]The one in Xindian is big, modern, well organized. There is a whole floor dedicated to the “day exams”.

I use it a lot because it is quite close to home, and the service is very friendly. Even for people from outside, it is quite convenient to get there, as they have their own shuttle and several buses.

Cheng Kung has a shuttle, too, from Taipei. It is quite well known for cancer research, so it is a good choice if that’s your worry.

Again, if language is an issue, Shinkong would be a good place.

Check them out yourself, call them and ask questions. They are always quite helpful - they want your business![/quote]

Thanks, Icon. Much appreciated! I called and it looks like Shin Kong asks for $27,000 NT for a comprehensive exam for women over 40. I tried calling Tzu Chi, but got disconnected twice during a transfer, so I’ll call again later. Do you or anyone else know if Tzu Chi or another hospital might be cheaper for the same exams? Or is $27,000 pretty reasonable in Taipei for a comprehensive exam (I know it’s really reasonable compared to the U.S.)? I don’t know if I should just go ahead and tell my mom to do Shin Kong. Thanks, everyone, for helping me comparison shop. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Yep, because the Shinkong exam included PET and CAT scans. I have their I’ll check the differences with Tzu Chi and get back to you.

You can also pay extra for stuff you are inetrested in. they charged me about 1000 at Tzu Chi for econsonogram.

That exam is going to be my 40th birthday present. :smiley:

[quote=“Icon”][quote=“flowergirl247”][quote=“Icon”]

Yep, because the Shinkong exam included PET and CAT scans. I have their I’ll check the differences with Tzu Chi and get back to you.

You can also pay extra for stuff you are inetrested in. they charged me about 1000 at Tzu Chi for econsonogram.

That exam is going to be my 40th birthday present. :smiley:[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Nice present! :smiley:

Thanks for all the information!

Hm, I tried calling Tzu Chi, but it looks like I can’t get through to a live English person. I tried the English extension (which doesn’t allow for transfer to a live person for questions), so I dialed another number for them, and they didn’t have anyone there who spoke English at the time, so they told me to call back. If you could find out how the packages are different, that’d be great! I’m still trying, though.

Shinkong has an application form online that asks what you want, and it doesn’t look like the PET is included in the over-40 package (G: $27,000) that I want:

□ F Comprehensive(male or female) Fee 23,000元NTD
□ G Female above 40 years old Fee 27,000元NTD
□ Z Female under 40 years old (the mammogram is replaced by the Whole body bone density) Fee 27,000元NTD
□ H Cerebrovascular check-up □Daytime Fee 21,600元NTD;
□ W Cardiovascular check-up Fee 18,000元 NTD
□*Computer tomographic scan and angiography of the coronary arteries Fee 16,000元 NTD
*This item must be matched to the Cardiovascular check-up–item “W“-- and ordered after cardiovascular evaluation by the physician )
□ PET Positron Emission Tomography Fee 53,500元NTD
(If matched to either of the items F, G or Z the discount
fee is 35000NT )
□ Breast MRI
□r Liver MRI Fee 18,500元NTD
~ If Shin Kong Bank credit card or Shin Kong Life policy holder the discount fee is 15,725 NTD.
□ t Whole body vascular MRI □z Spine MRI Fee 23,800元NTD
~If Shin Kong Bank credit card or Shin Kong Life policy holder the discount feee is 20,230 NTD.

Oh, never mind on Shin Kong. They don’t have openings until the end of the month. I’m getting worried now. :frowning: I hope the other places aren’t booked up yet.

Yep, these exams are very popular, as they can catch a lot of stuff in a more comprehensive way, and people like them because its very time efficient.

By the way, lots of Overseas Compatriots come to Taiwan just for their medicals, so, forget about getting a place in October. Most good hospitals will be packed, unless you make your reservation ahead of time.

The “day exams” at Tzu Chi have a different extension number from the “general” switchboard…which is on the test result folder which I have at home… :smiley:

Any recommendations for a comprehensive health exam in Taichung City? I have easy access (and a car) to several hospitals but would like to hear from anyone who has done the exams here.

I had a half day exam done at Tzu Chi Hospital for $8900. It went fine but if you need to take these results with you overseas be for warned that results are not in English as they indicated to me.

Only the summary is in English and it’s not written well. If you have to hand this to a doctor overseas their eyes might glass over.