Those of you into recreational drug use

Rantheman, I guess some people just can’t be purely themselves and need something to get different view points in life or more “fun”.
I don’t think, althought maybe, that some of the fellows here are hardcore users, like wake up in the morning and roll a joint, it’s more like in parties, with friends maybe to show off orI-can-do-that-too type of attitude, since obviously they can’t have fun without it or should I say sometimes they can’t have fun without it.
Anyway, I for one am more like, been there, done that and grew up. I sure don’t need any type of drugs be it alchool, street or medical ones to have fun at ANY time or have a different viewpoint on life.
My first week in Taiwan, was probably equivalent to an LSD trip :laughing:
But like Richardm said, we surely can’t impose our life style on others.

I don’t think drugs are like sex except that there’s always someone trying to make laws against doing either one.

True,isn’t there a law in one of the US state that forbid a woman to give a BJ to her husband? I read this somewhere.

Ranty, what kind of drugs are musicians taking to make 'em play better? Maybe if I get some Big Fluffy Matthew will finally be able to stand my sax playing – although I have serious doubts as to the existence of any drug THAT powerful.

I would guess that the guy who says he saw a 20 foot caterpillar…didn’t. LSD opens ones pupils, allowing more light in and you sort of forget to blink, so things do SEEM altered (that accounts for the melting stories lots of people share), but truly halucinating…eh, I doubt it. One halucinates when he sees his dead mother talking to him. However, LSD is a psychoactive drug, and being such, you could convince yourself that you saw a 20 foot hotdog or whatever.

uhm, my friend told me this.

This friend once saw a star on a wall of a bar, a lighting prop over the stage, that was tuned off begin to grow and stretch out around his optical orbits…an optical delusion

[quote=“jdsmith”]I would guess that the guy who says he saw a 20 foot caterpillar…didn’t. LSD opens ones pupils, allowing more light in and you sort of forget to blink, so things do SEEM altered (that accounts for the melting stories lots of people share), but truly halucinating…eh, I doubt it. One halucinates when he sees his dead mother talking to him. However, LSD is a psychoactive drug, and being such, you could convince yourself that you saw a 20 foot hotdog or whatever.

This friend once saw a star on a wall of a bar, a lighting prop over the stage, that was tuned off begin to grow and stretch out around his optical orbits…an optical delusion[/quote]

A coloring book and crayons are always a lot of fun when tripping.

But that’s just what my friend told me so I don’t know if it is true or not.

[quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“jdsmith”]I would guess that the guy who says he saw a 20 foot caterpillar…didn’t. LSD opens ones pupils, allowing more light in and you sort of forget to blink, so things do SEEM altered (that accounts for the melting stories lots of people share), but truly halucinating…eh, I doubt it. One halucinates when he sees his dead mother talking to him. However, LSD is a psychoactive drug, and being such, you could convince yourself that you saw a 20 foot hotdog or whatever.

This friend once saw a star on a wall of a bar, a lighting prop over the stage, that was tuned off begin to grow and stretch out around his optical orbits…an optical delusion[/quote]

But that’s just what my friend told me so I don’t know if it is true or not.[/quote]
He’s bullshitting. Crayons taste horrible (except the green ones – they’re not bad.

well i’m definitely not trying to impose my no drug lifestyle on anyone. but it just seems like a dangerous activity to me. my super trendy artiste brother hasn’rt suffered any ill effects.

Only dopes use dope.

[quote=“Rodney”]I tried marijuana once. Just once. I didn’t know what I was doing, I was on cocaine.

Seriously, I don’t snort cocaine. I just like the way it smells, that’s all.[/quote]

[quote=“Richardm”]Seriously, I don’t snort cocaine. I just like the way it smells, [/quote] Did he ever meet Stevie Nicks :smiling_imp:

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“jdsmith”]I would guess that the guy who says he saw a 20 foot caterpillar…didn’t. LSD opens ones pupils, allowing more light in and you sort of forget to blink, so things do SEEM altered (that accounts for the melting stories lots of people share), but truly halucinating…eh, I doubt it. One halucinates when he sees his dead mother talking to him. However, LSD is a psychoactive drug, and being such, you could convince yourself that you saw a 20 foot hotdog or whatever.

But that’s just what my friend told me so I don’t know if it is true or not.[/quote]
He’s bullshitting. Crayons taste horrible (except the green ones – they’re not bad.[/quote]

I’ve had really horrible hallucinations on morphine.

Great pain killer, though. But, I didn’t care for the hallucinations.

[quote]A coloring book and crayons are always a lot of fun when tripping.

Yes, crayons are cool, especially when you watch them melt in the oven.

But to get back to OP. The use of these drugs is supposed to be recreational. When it’s more a thing to do everyday…well, sober reality is the break. My friend doesn’t miss them. He’s been clean in TW.

And Sandman has already turned him on to Macallen whishkey.

[quote]
I’ve had really horrible hallucinations on morphine.

Great pain killer, though. But, I didn’t care for the hallucinations.[/quote]

I was on codeine after knee surgery. That is some scary shit. Jolting awake in the middle of the night. The absulote stupor it put me in…no way.

I had codeine only recently and the only thing I got was constipation.

Morphine makes me unable to pee. I always freaked when the nurses came in with the catheter.

Demoral rocks. I had it when I broke my back, separated my shoulder, smashed my elbow and when I had ACL reconstruction. Each one of those was like being on a vacation in Thailand.

But the best, the very best painkiller is Toradol. All the great pain-numbing sensation without that heavy stoned feeling. Okay, I missed the heavy stoned feeling, but when you know the Drs. personally, they can mix a little demoral in there for you. Ahhhhh…Toradol/Demoral speed balls with nitrus chasers…that’s the way to fly.

Of course, smoke a joint with any of the above and you are seeing god.

One of the best buzzes I ever had was when I had an operation here in Taiwan (broken leg). I don’t what they gave me but I was a’laughing and a’giggling all the way to the operating room. I saw a digital Jesus on the ceiling.

I do remember the operating gown being too small for me and I flashed the nurses repeatedly.

Despite the broken leg, all in all it was a good time.

I met Stevie Nicks once (She was living in Santa Monica). Yeah, she was/is a hard core cokehead.

When your 16 doing drugs is experimentation, at 30 something it is called addiction.

Another Mother heard from.

To quote Bu Lai: Thanks Mom.

Spoken like a true ignoramus. Boomer, you need to remember that if you’re going to post a quick one-liner, it should be either funny, witty or apropos. Your post achieved none of the above and a result, reads like the work of a benighted troglodyte.