Those Pesky Russians

Raw news source:

I am guessing but this may be the same aircraft carrier that a crane fell on in port last year leaving a hundred foot gash. :smoker:

I hope this isn’t indicative of the state of Russia’s conventional war weapons. Better those in a fight than having them rely on their hopefully non-nuclear big guns…which keep getting bigger:

The National Interest: Blog | The National Interest

1 Like

President Donald Trump has signed a law that will impose sanctions on any firm that helps Russia’s state-owned gas company, Gazprom, finish a pipeline into the European Union.

The sanctions target firms building Nord Stream 2, an undersea pipeline that will allow Russia to increase gas exports to Germany.

The US considers the project a security risk to Europe.

Both Russia and the EU have strongly condemned the US sanctions.

Congress voted through the measures as part of a defence bill last week and the legislation, which described the pipeline as a “tool of coercion”, was signed off by Mr Trump on Friday.

I hope Russia wasn’t believing all the Trump is their friend stuff. :smoker:

Screw that kind of government interference.
Ban the sales of military technology? Sure.
But this is just an oil pipeline. Let the markets work.

I think that’s all this is. The market doesn’t work in a vacuum though. Remember, this is a bipartisan thing. The US is up to its eyeballs in LNG. Seems about right that we hit back at Russia with what made them economic world players in the 90s…cheap energy.

Meanwhile, on those airport screens:

That’s big news. I do not claim to even understand what it means. The government quit?

I confess I didn’t see this coming. Another perestroika?

It does have something of a Gorbachev flavor to it.

Gorbs never was a fan of Capitalism. Is that what this is about? Another circling of the wagons?

There’s NO way he wants Russia to appear weak now that Iran and the Middle East quagmire has semi officially been dumped into Russia and China’s laps.

We didn’t entirely know what was going on in the Soviet Union until some time after the fact. Something’s up. Something bad enough to call for a desperate political move.

Must have been something sweet in that Burisma info they just hacked. :runaway: