ThreadKilling

No! Tortured prose and pigheaded-stubbornness always struck me as more likely.

Now now, whats really to come of thread killing, are you going to stuff it and hang it on your wall?

123 kills from 1405 threads. 8.8%

Now clearly the absolute amount is important in Forumosa terms because we have stars to count the number of years since we joined, and a post count shich affects our overall status. If you canā€™t beat 123 then your ratio means diddly. IMHO

I do sincerely appreciate all of your focused attention at killing threads. Just felt I should point out though, that no matter how many threads any of you kill (and donā€™t get me wrong, my hat is off to you), itā€™s not going to change much. Iā€™m still ThreadKiller. Even if only in name. And anytime, anywhere, someone says the word threadkiller, you know who they will be thinking of.

I was sewing the other day and my thread broke. Does that count?

:astonished: 425 threads killed in 5 years 8 months, 7009 posts in 2100 threads for a percentage of 20.23%ā€¦
Thatā€™s an astounding 1 in 5 threads killed.

That sucks, because as I was counting it dawned on meā€¦ If you kill a thread, itā€™s possibly for one of two reasons. Either you posted something so astounding in itā€™s finality that all agree with you and have nothing further to add (doubtful, especially on Forumosaā€¦), or itā€™s because youā€™re so damned boring no one could be bothered to post any further in that threadā€¦

[quote=ā€œbismarckā€]:eek: 425 threads killed in 5 years 8 months, 7009 posts in 2100 threads for a percentage of 20.23%ā€¦
[/quote]
Doesnā€™t count when you LOCK the threads after your last post. Fascist!

[quote=ā€œjimipresleyā€][quote=ā€œbismarckā€]:eek: 425 threads killed in 5 years 8 months, 7009 posts in 2100 threads for a percentage of 20.23%ā€¦
[/quote]
Doesnā€™t count when you LOCK the threads after your last post. Fascist![/quote]
That doesnā€™t account for even a tiny fraction of those threadsā€¦

Edit: And I didnā€™t count threads that were lockedā€¦

Threadkilling is NO test of the true manly man.
How many threads have CONTINUED despite your best efforts to inject infantile posturing and meaningless blather?
THAT, my friends, is the TRUE test. And most of you are sadly, sadly wanting.

All said, thread closed.

[quote=ā€œsandmanā€]Threadkilling is NO test of the true manly man.
How many threads have CONTINUED despite your best efforts to inject infantile posturing and meaningless blather?
THAT, my friends, is the TRUE test. And most of you are sadly, sadly wanting.[/quote]

What if I just tie a knot in this thread?

With what, a yellow ribbon round that old oak tree?

Iā€™m not sure anyone does that anymore, or else all the oak trees in the States should be be-ribboned. But I remember that as a kid.

You actually go through all the topics where you wrote something to count how many threads you killed? :laughing: Sad, sad individuals. :unamused:

I kill 0.34% of the threads I engage in. Thatā€™s what the good guys do.

Remember this?

I remember! Haha. If you ever get back this way again, maybe I could tie a ribbon for you, but maybe youā€™ll have to settle for a palm or banyan.

All threads go to heaven.

Are you all in a battle to see who can kill this thread? Its a four page thread. That is impressive!

NomNom is right. We could all be trying harder to kill this one.

Youā€™ll have to pry it from my cold, dead, hands.