Threads in general. A to Z

I’m well versed with flob.com now. For those unaware, here is the life span of a thread…

The thread begins with a request. Someone wants to know why the Bolivians don’t drink mint tea, or if Taiwan is nicer than Japan. And the thread is usually aimed at a tiny percentage of those who may read it. SO the question may be: Can any 42 to 47 year old albinos explain why my toes hurt in the cold? Do any other Strawberry blondes have excema?

Let’s take the vitally important question: Is it better to be happy in Korea on a Tuesday or sad in Jiayi on a Sunday? Any one of the following comments may then be found…

A) I have never lived in either place, but I once went to Bali.
B) Your question is wrong and I am angry because of it.
C) I saw Jane’s Addiction play in Korea.
D) You wrote ‘on a Tuesday’ but forgot to include a comma, I am therefore superior to you in all ways and you are just some worthless specky retard.
E) ‘My third husband says…’
F) You don’t understand Taiwanese culture.
G) You should chill out. Your posts in D+R indicate that you are negative and shy and…
H) Alleycats sells awesome pizza.
I) Teaching jobs are crap here but I defend my right to be taken seriously whilst moaning about what a joke my work is.
J) Pithy off the cuff one liner.
K) Personal attack in response to comments made in G. Poster K points out faults in poster G.
L) Moderator complains about how effing important and busy they are and can’t we just grow up and do their job for them.
M) A European writes something no-one can understand.
N) Someone pipes in with their own questions and their own agenda.
O) Why didn’t you respond to me.
P) I read a tiny part of your thread and understood even less. Here are my two cents.
Q) Have you read Wittgensteins theory on the matter? Don’t read the ‘Hughes’ translation, go for the Yiddish version.
R) DO a search newbie.
S) Beer is good. I like beer and talk about it often.
T) Lewd comment about women in general.
U) Large and sweeping statements based on observation not thought.
V) Merciless cut and pasting of ‘U’ taking single sentences and ridiculing the author of ‘U’ with a shield of belligerent pomposity and supposed knowledge of the law. Statements made are equally as baseless as those made by ‘U.’
W) Random and scary comment about a past event that happened in Korea. Poster isolates themselves from crowd and prompts flurry of PM’s.
X) Large random insult.
Y) Some comments aimed at making everyone get along, bring the conversation back to the original question and generally having the effect of killing the thread. By which point there are 5 pages of crap in the Flounder bin, (Sorry, the 'Comment Crematorium) two people have been suspended, the question has been totally ignored and the Original Poster has left Taiwan and quit flob.com.
Z) Two years later… ‘Hi, I just read this and found it fascinating. I’m new here, can I get an ARC if I land in Bangkok on a Saturday in July?’

I’m not a 42 to 47 year old albino, but my fingers hurt in the cold, once…

You’re not workin’ yet are you?

Not on a Saturday matey.

I went back to work yesterday… Today is my day to moan about the actions of family and strangers.

I’m listening to Dream Theater at the moment and have just eaten some bread and a bowl of soup.

I have just now realized the genius of TomHill.
Whoever has the funniest poster crown should promptly hand it over to him.
I can’t remember the last time a poster made me laugh out loud in a thread.
And the funniest thing is, yes, it was all mostly true.

Specky? :astonished:

Brilliant Mr. Hill. :bravo: Did you just fling this off, or has it been a work in progress. It is one of the finer pieces of writing in some time. Glad you are keeping the bar up here. :notworthy:

Specky? :astonished:

Brilliant Mr. Hill. :bravo: Did you just fling this off, or has it been a work in progress. It is one of the finer pieces of writing in some time. Glad you are keeping the bar up here. :notworthy:[/quote]

First thing in the a.m. Pre cup of tea.

Specky… someone who wears spectacles.

Irascible has one R. Who you calling a hot head? Grr, mumble mumble.

[quote=“Josefus”]I have just now realized the genius of TomHill.
Whoever has the funniest poster crown should promptly hand it over to him.
I can’t remember the last time a poster made me laugh out loud in a thread.
And the funniest thing is, yes, it was all mostly true.[/quote]

There was ever doubt?

All the threads Tom starts go a little something like this:

*Lewd comment about women in general.
*Why didn’t you respond to me.
*A European writes something no-one can understand.
*Alleycats sells awesome pizza.
*Teaching jobs are crap here but I defend my right to be taken seriously whilst moaning about what a joke my work is.
*Moderator complains about how effing important and busy they are and can’t we just grow up and do their job for them.
*Moderator complains about how effing important and busy they are and can’t we just grow up and do their job for them.
*Teaching jobs are crap here but I defend my right to be taken seriously whilst moaning about what a joke my work is.
*Beer is good. I like beer and talk about it often.
*You should chill out. Your posts in D+R indicate that you are negative and shy and…
*Alleycats sells awesome pizza.
*‘My third husband says…’
*Some comments aimed at making everyone get along, bring the conversation back to the original question and generally having the effect of killing the thread. By which point there are 5 pages of crap in the Flounder bin, (Sorry, the 'Comment Crematorium) two people have been suspended, the question has been totally ignored and the Original Poster has left Taiwan and quit flob.com.

If China and Taiwan unify under the rule of George Bush, would he be Christ or the Antichrist?