Threads we all want to contribute too

Finally, after tweaking the ‘secret’ formula, I managed to create a thread that received the magic 200 responses. I’ll save the back patting…

But what exactly makes a ‘mega-thread>?’ (To use my own terminology.)

Of course, politics and word games usually run over 200, but a thread anywhere else can struggle to get 50 responses. Some don’t even get a mention.

So theorists, what is the answer? How to create ‘that’ thread, one that everyone has an opinion on, and that can run and run without getting tired…
Maybe you could also suggest titles for ‘mega-threads.’

“I’m horny/not horny because…”

:unamused:

[quote]Finally, after tweaking the ‘secret’ formula, I managed to create a thread that received the magic 200 responses. I’ll save the back patting… [/quote][quote]So theorists, what is the answer?[/quote]Twas just a fluke.

I counted over 65 posters (so far)in the “words that make you cringe” thread. Hitting the 200 mark is a lot but with an average of about 3.3 new posters on each of the 20 pages is pretty rare. Often long threads have many posts from the same posters and they rarely have that many posters.

Now let’s see you tweak that secret formula to see if you can post another twenty pager with 65 posters involved. Not a chance in hell. Like I said, it was just a fluke and from here, it’s all going downhill for you Mr. Tomdownhill. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

bobepine

I think it has to be something that each person perpetually has new material for, like dreams, or stupid things the SO says, cute things my kid did, word games, What An Amazingly Ugly Place, etc… Earthquakes was surprisingly good for that, with 301 posts last year.

Will somebody please go finish “in the” game. There’s no record…I just want to see how creative y’all get for U to Z. Its off topic post like this too that help. And bobepines occassional nonesense.

Does anyone know where I can find sour cream?

You could always check out other boards and steal the cool ideas you see there to make your thread really long and interesting and fabulous and terrific and great over here…

To or too.

I’m thinking to.

Namahottie is gone? :smiley:

Jiffy Pop Popcorn

The entire International Politics forum began as a few threads that exploded here on Open Forum during and after the Florida recounts. Forumosa was never meant to be a place for such serious topics, but now it is a staple.

Someone should come up with a brand spanking new subject for a post. Why must we be tied to the old way. We must lose the shackles that have bound us to leave us hanging in our underwear. ouch.

Are Taiwanese women better than sour cream ?

What brand of sour cream? Must be specific :laughing:

[quote=“Namahottie”]What brand of sour cream? Must be specific :laughing:[/quote]The slutty kind. And where do they get a visa from ?

Why can’t you people just add lemon juice to whipped cream? It’s people like you who are causing the very fabric aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

All better now. Sorry about that.

[quote=“hexuan”]Why can’t you people just add lemon juice to whipped cream? It’s people like you who are causing the very fabric aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

All better now. Sorry about that.[/quote]

EWWWW that’s not how you make sour cream. But it’s a sure fire way to get the runs :laughing:

Start a thread where you propose a new business idea.

Open a restaurant and start a “chat” thread.

Condemn the site and/or a mod in public.

[quote=“Old Gobbo”]Start a thread where you propose a new business idea.

Open a restaurant and start a “chat” thread.

Condemn the site and/or a mod in public.[/quote]

Those will never work. :wink:

Why Jdsmith is almost a god