Throw away your alarm clock!

What about napping? I learned to nap here in Taiwan and i’ve been doing it for about 6 years. Blimey, that’s a long nap!

About twenty minutes a time once a day, sometimes twice. I’ve found that it really helps my regular sleep in that i sleep for a shorter time and can had the odd very late night and get up at my regular time each day without problems.

A lot of people also get screwed up by late on Friday and Saturday nights. You end up sleeping in past noon, which is bad if your work week starts early in the morning. By the time you get back on track it’s Wednesday or Thursday. Definitely can become a very energy-draining cycle. Best thing is to get up around your regular wake-up time, or within an hour of it, even if you went to bed very late.

I usually wake up automatically at 6, even if I don’t need to and regardless of what time I went to bed. (This morning I woke up before I had even gone to bed!)

Of course this changes if I start to consistently stay up late, or just roll over and go back to sleep. A while back I awsn’t working a lot and got into the habit of sleeping maybe 10 hrs a night - felt terrible on it. No energy at all.

Anybody know anything about the effects of too much sleep?

[quote=“tmwc”]
Anybody know anything about the effects of too much sleep?[/quote]

that makes me look much pretty looking into mirror.

[quote=“TNT”]is there any proven method to redice sleeping time… I need seven hours… would like to get it down to maybe 4 or 5 hours

sleeping is such an ineffcient use of time… however necessary[/quote]
I’ve looked into to this quite a bit and I think I’ve come up with a good answer (for me).

Spend less time during the day doing things like watching TV, playing video games and other things of that nature before trying to reduce sleep. That’s really about it I guess. I feel like I have more then enough time now.

Sleep is a necessry part of the human cycle. What you would gain sleeping 4 to 5 hours a day, you would loose in other areas of your life (tired all day, not fuction well, get sick, etc.) I suppose there are people that don’t/won’t sleep more then 5 hours a day, but I think most of them would suffer somehow. Why do you need more time? Sleep and enjoy :smiley: .

Before you tell me about them, I know about all of the people that slept 4 hours a day or less. I’ve even read about a person that didn’t need any sleep after she was in some freaky accident. The ‘scientists’ haven’t quite firgured the sleep thing out yet.

Barking dogs ? Construction work ? Buy your neighbour’s kids a piano. I guarantee you will get less sleep. :wink:

[quote=“Little Bird”] Flu season starts officially on 17 September.
[/quote]
You pulling my leg? Says who? I know when the flu is going around during autumn and winter every year it’s considered the flu season. Never heard it had an official starting date. So should I start taking vitamin C starting 9/17?

[quote=“TNT”]is there any proven method to redice sleeping time… I need seven hours… would like to get it down to maybe 4 or 5 hours
[/quote]

Irresponsible team members and strict project deadlines will do the trick, trust me.

[quote=“hypermegaglobal”][quote=“TNT”]is there any proven method to redice sleeping time… I need seven hours… would like to get it down to maybe 4 or 5 hours
[/quote]

Irresponsible team members and strict project deadlines will do the trick, trust me.[/quote]

And if your team members are good enough, you will probably be able to get down to three hours a night.

Now I don’t sleep, so look out.

I haven’t used an alarm clock in YEARS, can’t remember when I stopped. But I don’t sleep in much … missed 8am class once last year, overslept! But that is it…!

Kenneth

:laughing:

I have two alarm clocks that go off every morning and I still barely have time to get ready for work. But I usually remember my dreams in the morning. I need to keep a dream journal. Before bed I try to do something that activates my brain such as logic puzzles, reading novels, or playing my keyboard (until I get so tired I start making major mistakes). I find that since I began doing this on a regular basis, I have been having very vivid and interesting dreams.

[quote=“Alien”]Who needs an alarm clock when you’ve got two cats?
mew, wake up mommy. mew![/quote]
:laughing: i have one and he’s doing a good job too… uhmm except he wakes me up at wrong time :frowning:

Who needs an alarmclock in Taiwan anyway? All the noise on the street from early morning on. Street vendors, funerals, motorcycles, neighbours, dogs you name it.