Tickets > CIRQUE DU SOLEIL > 2009

Does anyone know where I can pick up some Cirque Du Soleil tickets? I am looking for two.

Just saw O from cirque du soleil in vegas. great show. Didnt know they had one in Taiwan?

Are they doing a tour? HERE!??!? Oh, wow! When?

cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueduS … taipei.htm

act.udn.com/alegria/tickets.html

Jan. 14 to Feb. 22, 2009
Prices from 1400 to 6500 NT

I got two tickets in the vip section - $6500 each - as a thank you for a rush editing job I did. Unfortunately, I can’t go because I have to work, so instead my wife and my mother-in-law are going. :frowning:

A friend of mine from university days has been performing in the Vegas Cirque de Soleil for a year or so now… I wonder if it’s the same folks coming on this tour, I doubt it since the show must go on stateside, but I’ll drop him a line and ask…

I’ve got the Alegria video. It’s terrific. I’m sure it will be a great show.

I also noticed two months ago that they were coming here and thought, despite the very pricey tickets, it would be great to take the wife and kid. Unfortunately, our girl doesn’t meet the height requirement, so we’re not going after all. Oh well.

Enjoy the show.

To my knowledge, the whole run is pretty much sold out. I checked the site about 3 weeks ago and there were some single seats still available for the odd show, but none for 2 people who want to sit together.

Your best bet now is to try Yahoo auctions or ebay tw. Other than that, I’ve noticed that quite a few of the shows at the Taipei Arena have scalpers selling tickets on the street; might be an option if you don’t mind paying.

Sigh… always a day late and a dollar short. Perpetually out of the loop.

Fortunately Dragonbabe ordered four early, so we can take her grandparents! :sunglasses:

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]I’ve got the Alegria video. It’s terrific. I’m sure it will be a great show.

I also noticed two months ago that they were coming here and thought, despite the very pricey tickets, it would be great to take the wife and kid. Unfortunately, our girl doesn’t meet the height requirement, so we’re not going after all. Oh well.

Enjoy the show.[/quote]

What’s the height requirement? I took my 5yo to see a ballet in August and I had her jiejie’s shoes with the big heel. I was also prepared to let her wear her Princess dress up “high heels” which she can only wear at home. :slight_smile:

I forget, but I believe our girl’s about 106 cm.

I knew of height restrictions for carnival rides, but until recently I’d never heard of weeding out potentially disruptive young 'uns based on height before. We first encountered the rule when we took her to a symphony at the National Concert Hall (or whatever the place is called) and we had to beg with a succession of ticket-takers, telling them how good and obediant she is, before they finally relented and let us in. So, thanks for the tip. Guess it’s time to buy some heels for our little girl. :wink:

I’ve sat behind her while watching an orchestra, and she was very well behaved, yes. But unfortunately half the local kids TWICE her height are badly behaved.

They added 16 shows all sold out too.
Hope the performers wont burn out.

加場場次表
演出劇碼:Alegria

2009/01/16 星期五 15:30 *平日場
2009/01/23 星期五 15:30 *平日場
2009/02/05 星期四 15:30 *平日場
2009/02/06 星期五 15:30 *平日場
2009/02/12 星期四 15:30 *平日場
2009/02/13 星期五 15:30 *平日場
2009/02/17 星期二 19:30 *平日場
2009/02/18 星期三 19:30 *平日場
2009/02/19 星期四 15:30 *平日場
2009/02/19 星期四 19:30 *平日場
2009/02/20 星期五 15:30 *平日場
2009/02/20 星期五 19:30 *假日場
2009/02/21 星期六 15:30 *假日場
2009/02/21 星期六 19:30 *假日場
2009/02/22 星期日 13:00 *假日場
2009/02/22 星期日 17:00 *假日場

And I thought economy is sluggish?

When I was in Taipei in December 11 to Jan 6, 2009, I saw a couple of characters walking in the hotel lobby of a 5 star hotel and thought to myself - looks like performers at Cirque (that I took my then fiancee in Vegas to see)… I guess I was right!

Hey by now the very first show has occurred. Wonder how the reception went. Must be some sort of record for Cirque to have all shows completely sold out (including 16 extra shows) before they even got to a place? I only heard bout the show from you guys recently. If I had known that they had put tickets on sale last September (and quickly ran out within weeks ) I wouldve encouraged my buds in TAiwan to go and see it.

I saw a bunch of clips on youtube about this show Alegria. Seems like a really nice one. Iv seen another of their big top shows (Corteo ) and although that was pretty excellent. I think Alegria probably tops that one with its music and acts !!

Definitely worth at least the cost of a cheap ticket to see Alegria.

If anyone of you sees it, be sure to post your findings? Id be interested to know what you thought of it? Merci.

when are you guys going? be sure to tell us bout it afterwards? Id like to hear.

They are now - I picked up the LAST ticket yesterday. :smiley: Yeah, I’m excited.

What??? you were able to snag a ticket at this late date? ? I thought the run was over?
I just saw the dvd of Alegria . Wow I think its going to be really good. Do tell after your show.

I want to see this show live now, but its not easy to do as its a travelling big top show. Not a fixed show like the ones in Vegas.

Anyone read of any articles on it in Taiwan ? How did the shows go, I know they were sold out and all but I couldnt find any reviews online . Were they the talk of the town over there?

I saw it the other day. I was very disappointed that no one fell off :frowning:

As for the height requirement, some kids were given booster seats, maybe they were in a a limited supply?