Tickets for Taiwan vs North Korea at Taipei Municipal Stadium

How can I buy tickets to the upcoming Taiwan vs North Korea football match in November?

48%20PM

I think you can walk in for free.

2 Likes

Call up or pay a visit to that tourism office.
Say you want to support NK team.
They may even give you free tickets and NK flags to wave.

1 Like

Haha, I don’t want to support the North Korean team!

That would be great. I’ll call the stadium tomorrow to see if they know.

but what if you get the chance to meet those cute NK girls the commie govt sends around the world to root for its sports team?

2 Likes

As nice as that sounds, the wife definitely wouldn’t approve…

Just rock up on the night. Taiwan is currently without a coach after Gary White mysteriously took over the Hong Kong team. The CTFA has so far refused to give an explanation. SNAFU.

1 Like

Gary sees greener pasture next door.
The date still not fixed. Heck, it could even be held in Kaohsiung.
Usually the ticket could be bought from UDN ticket web (extra 30 TWD) or 7-11/Fami.
Ticket for main stand will usually cost 300 TWD online. (400 direct buy on stadium)
Ticket for common stand will usually cost 200 TWD online (300 direct).
Handicapped/senior/kids tickets cost 100 (200 direct).
These are for Taipei matches.

Matches in KHH usually will be free. Just come to the stadium.

Gazza is well dodgy. Can’t believe he hasn’t been banned for fixing the Guam v Taiwan game a couple of years ago.

Was it fixed? It’s a friendly game wasn’t it?
Why the heck someone fixed a friendly game?

If a draw was the result both Guam and Taiwan would rise in the world rankings. A draw was agreed upon but one of the Guam defenders accidentally scored a header from a corner when the score was, I think, 1-1. The goal was awarded, the scoreboard reflected the result, but the HK referee handed in a signed score card with a 1-1 result. The match was here in Taipei and the media reported the correct result. Truly bizarre situation.

1 Like

World ranking means close to Swiss Navy in international football.
Sure, there are benefits, like better seed on international competition…
but that’s minor for both Guam and Taiwan, both are like the lowest of the lowest ranked teams in international football.

I heard about this allegation, I even watch the game live in the stadium.
Fifa listed as 1-2 for Guam.

My personal opinion, this simply the stupidity of the referee.

The actual bribing case is (allegedly) occurred during 2018 WC Qualifier vs Brunei. Allegedly, then CT coach (now Taipower coach), Chen Kuei-jen rested Onur Dogan and Xavier Chen in home match in Kaohsiung in order to get a Lose and “someone important” in Taiwan getting a hefty sum of winning bet.

Xavier flew back to China after this game and missed the second game without saying anything. No injury news. Luckily Taiwan bounced back and winning the Brunei game away.

That score was modified after media flagged it. All the officials signed off on 1-1.

There were media reports at the time but I can’t find them now. Obviously no one cares since it was a friendly. FIFA did though dispatch an investigative team to look into it.

Well, anything could happen when there’s money involved.

Everything that I heard about the whole thing was that it was total bollocks leaked by a disgruntled member of the CTFA, and there was absolutely no basis to the allegations? Do you have anything to back that up, White always seemed like a decent bloke?

Nah, I got it all from a FB group that reports on sports scandals in Taiwan. The reports looked convincing though because the referee’s scorecard was signed by both coaches. Wouldn’t you check the score and scorers?

The CTFA is such a mess. White’s been gone over a month and they still haven’t said anything.

Well… officially in both matches… NOTHING UNUSUAL OCCURRED according to FIFA.

Usually international football bribery scandal would come from South East Asia, not from Taiwan. But, 40 million NT is not a small amount for someone “sell” their own mother to get the money.

You could buy your ticket at udn tickets https://tickets.udnfunlife.com/application/UTK02/UTK0201_.aspx?PRODUCT_ID=N012VF49
(extra 30 TWD)
or alternatively directly by 7-11 ibon or Fami port. (no extra)
300 for main (west) stand
200 for secondary (east) stand

2018/11/11(ć—Ą)
14:10 蒙古VS北朝鮮
18:10 中華台北VS香港 (CT vs Hong Kong)

2018/11/13(二)
15:10 北朝鮮VS香港
19:10 中華台北VS蒙古 (CT vs Mongolia)

2018/11/16(äş”)
15:10 蒙古VS香港
19:10 中華台北VS北朝鮮 (CT vs North Korea)

The preparation for the team is a disaster.
CT team use a caretaker coach from U-19 team.

No Xavier obviously. (retired)
No Tim, no Will.
No Yaki.

Among the more recognizable name,
Onur Dogan, Chen Po-liang, Chen Hao-wei and GK Pan “Flying Pig” Wen-chieh

1 Like

I’m seriously considering pulling a sickie for this one. I mean, how often do you get a chance to watch Taiwan v North Korea?

1 Like