TIGER on the loose in Linkou

There are many paw prints, the news report only shows the clearest one.

Maybe I am missing something here, but since it says the print is from a canine then how could it be possibly a tiger, bear, leopard or other non-canine animal?

Yeah, possibly it could be anything, even a Chupacabra.

[quote=“Rascal”]Maybe I am missing something here, but since it says the print is from a canine then how could it be possibly a tiger, bear, leopard or other non-canine animal?

Yeah, possibly it could be anything, even a Chupacabra.[/quote]

Haha when I first read this post I was going to say it’s the Taiwan Chupacabra. Eats goats.

I don’t know how expert these experts are. Some pawprints can get mixed up. It could be a pack of wild dogs led by a mysterious lion?

That was a mixed pawprint,not clear enough.
They can not make sure it was the dog or tiger.
But according the bite print from goat,they judged it was feline.

They caught the dog this morning.

It seems now they are blaming a pack of stray dogs for the deed.

Look at that face, can’t believe he’s the killer: tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/ … /fn8v.html

They still need to make sure,though.

They are wrong … you’ll see …

Sorry, I cannot read Chinese.

Does the article say what will happen to that poor dog now?

Scapedog.

There’s no way that dog ate two goats. Or is that being attributed to this pack of dogs theory as well?
I have to wonder about and question the logic of those trying to capture whatever creature(s) caused this trouble. They set up a cage with a tasty chicken inside, and catch a dog overnight, and all of a sudden that is the culprit? End of story?
:ponder:

All of the media are now starting to concentrate their stories on stray dogs and or animal attacks. I fear all of the coverage of these recent news stories will bring unfortunate results to the already suffering stray dog population. :frowning:

I’ve yet to encounter a hostile stray dog in Taiwan. The ones in the area where I am (and there are quite a few) are fat and healthy and someone has built a shelter for them on a vacant lot … they seem much happier than the “pets” that I see chained up or in cages.

I can’t imagine them harming anything…

P.s. I know stray dogs can also form violent packs capable of killing even humans, just stating that I haven’t seen that here…

According to the press, the bite marks and lenght of footprints do not match. Nevertheless, the Taipei County officials insist it is him. They are also discrediting the Indonesian worker’s eyewitness statement. Another theory coming up is that it could have been a tou gou, with stripped markings.
The dog they caught is so “fierce” he knows how to shake hands.

This dog is the only suspect they can catch for now.
But no one can say it bit 2 goats.

What’s a “tou gou”?

I think it is “tu gou”…土狗.

They baited a trap with a chicken and caught … a stray dog? Fuck me! Who would have thought it! I mean, this is rural Taiwan for heaven’s sake. If they were lucky enough to find a stray here it must SURELY be the culprit. Plus, if it’s smart enough to shake hands, it could probably easily figure out how to put on large paw covers to fool the authorities.
It’s obvious. Kill it! Kill it!

On the front page of some newspaper today they have a whole group of dead dogs lying on a table connected with this story. Are they just killing random dogs now?

Here’s a pic:

Christ, if they wanted to catch a tu gou in the countryside, all they would have had to do is go outside and yell “Li Fu! (來福)”, or “Lucky”…90% of all the dogs around there would come running.