✈ Tigerair to launch routes from Taichung to Macau, South Korea, Vietnam, Japan in July

The five destinations offered include Macau, Busan, Jeju, Da Nang, and Nagoya. Tickets are already on sale.
The carrier has a fleet of 15 Airbus A320’s

Taichung to Nagoya is nice to have :smiley:

5 Likes

This is great news, lots of good routes there. I’m partial to Da Nang, which is a really nice beach destination that also has some interesting cultural spots nearby. I’m surprised that Taichung International hasn’t grown faster, being that Taichung is now the 2nd largest city in Taiwan and is incredibly convenient to fly from if you live in central Taiwan. I’ve only been able to use it twice, and both times I dropped off luggage, cleared security/immigration and was at the gate in 15 minutes. Hopefully the airport continues to add more routes, especially ones that have convenient connections to other international hubs.

4 Likes

Woohoo! Taichung is finally catching up with Kaohsiung!

Not that I care, because I live in Kaohsiung. :stuck_out_tongue:

Taichung had tonnes of routes to China and South East asia just a few years ago. Was very handy for me to live there and use that airport. We went to Da Nang a couple of times as well.

On 99% of flights I was the only white person. seats were dominated by Taiwanese biz ppl and Vietnamese spouses and some local tour groups.

1 Like