Tiles on outside of buildings

Taiwan seems to continue to use aluminum window door and window frames . It causes so much extra condensation and degrades much faster than upvc. So much energy can be saved with better thermal insulation on both heating and cooling costs , but there are lots of aluminum window manufacturers herešŸ˜‰

I think wall and ceiling insulation would be a good start, back in my home country they are still stuck with aluminium windows as well (at least double glaze is now required though). I donā€™t have much problem with condensation here, not like back home where you would wake up to -1 or -2 outside and water everywhere. I have no experience with UPVC but my concern at least back home (where they are available but expensive) would be degradation due to high UV. A number of building products in the past have not stood up to the UV light well.

Our windows arenā€™t even air tight for a start, when it is windy you can hear the wind whistling.

1 Like

Nanya plastics here even make PVC windows, I guess they cost more is the reason we donā€™t see themā€¦
http://www.nanyaenergywindow.com.tw/products_window_a_00a.html

And single pane glass! Cheap and mostly standard sizes, makes it even more profitable.