Time for a Site Rules update?

Objection, backseat moderating.

Sorry, been watching Amber Heard/ Johnny Depp trial.

3 Likes

Could be argued that the whole thread is a big back seat moderation!

I’ll allow it. Shit. Now I’m doing it.

1 Like

I liked it when one of the lawyers objected and the witness said, ah, you just objected to your own question :rofl:

1 Like

Nah, this is Feedback.
Suggestions are allowed and even welcomed!

4 Likes

So what you’re saying is, this whole thread is out of order!

cathy-newman-newman
giphy

Combo!

I’m going to take a shit in my own bed, just to be on the safe side.

1 Like

Ok, guys.
Let’s get back to topic, shall we?

1 Like

I have only observed the Covid discussion because I don’t want to get directly involved, but two observations I have is that certain, incredibly frequent posters on the topic are reliant on a) knowledge of virology, b) CECC statistics, for rebutting views re Covid which are often political perspectives, not solely medical / public health ones. The idea that a person who knows more about a) and b) is therefore infallible re what Covid policy should be is clearly a fallacy, seeing this being used as a tool of argument gets me scrolling.

Likewise, I find the posters taking a population-level view to slap down those who argue from an individual perspective tiresome too. It may not be to your taste if someone has a calculus that prioritizes ending mask mandates or going to the gym over a few more seniors catching and dying of the virus, but that view is perfectly valid, whether selfish or not. There are plenty of self-interested decisions being made by the authorities re Covid, especially with elections looming, so the whole greater good argument could use a rest.

3 Likes

Who hasn’t?

The fact this this is almost entirely political is one reason why I get irritated by the removal of views on one particular side of the aisle. It’s like participating in a site that overtly disapproves of (say) KMT supporters.

1 Like

Where’s that site? I want to join!

1 Like

Wild idea guys… but what if we voted for who we want to be mods? Each regular gets one vote

Obviously we can only vote for people who nominate themselves

1 Like

I could hear the gears turning there

2 Likes

Problem is that people who got voted for might not actually want to be mods. I’d go for @Dr_Milker, but I’m 99% sure he wouldn’t be up for it. Also @RickRoll. I think he’s a mod already, but I’ve no idea what groups he deals with.

You got that right. :grin:

1 Like

Hardly anyone would nominate themselves to be a mod. It’s a thankless task where all you have to do is deal with crap and nonsense. Essentially those who do it are doing public service. I know, I gave it a brief shot once.

6 Likes

Oh! One of those

You were talking about :wink:

1 Like

You’re right, I’m a mod, but I don’t see you much in my neighborhood.
FYI, it’s Fun & Games, YouTube & Other Video Clips, Parenting and Where Can I Find.
You’re welcome to come by and have a coffee :coffee: :wink:

6 Likes

Also possible to buy coffees to give thanks for the excellent work of the mods, I see a few people have bought more than once and/or have specifically cited quality of moderation in their donation

4 Likes