Time for Driverless Taxis in Taiwan? Curb Wuhan Virus or other sickness

And someone to clean up …

I agree with the comments, and I do think the technology is already at the point as being safer, it’s the people who can not make the change to make things safer (as we say, some things never change). As pointed out, its not 100% fool proof but safer than what we have in Taiwan.

Agreeing with others in that i can’t see this working elsewhere let alone here where there’s complete debauchery happening on the roads.

And why in gods name does taiwan have a driverless testing facility? How about a facility to sort out the drivered driving first and foremost. Thats like learning to run before you …crawl.

1 Like

Will the average family be able to afford these cars. Will you end up having to rent your ride?
We live on an island that has many natural and man made challenges.
Power, cellphone and other utilities could and have been out for a week or more. How will these cars work when there is no cloud?
We need to be going away from centralized power and control towards more individual freedoms. Away from gas, towards biofuels.We love cooking oil.
Isn’t an electric car really a natural gas and coal car?

Buses will start soon, hope Taxi’s will follow ! Taipei to start uncrewed bus road testing in May - Taipei Times

it says they will drive in bus lanes. which is possibly the only way this could work. i think taipei needs some bus lanes anyway, the buses are the worst offenders on the roads, they constantly travel across all the lanes.