Time-lapse video of riding the Taiwan Rail around the island

Pretty cool but only a bot could sit there and watch the whole dang thing . Its over an hour for petes sake.

the original trip was over 12

12 minutes would be about the right length of time for this.

This guy has a lot of videos on youtube. There is a full length 12 hour round island trip on his channel somewhere.

there is another one that travels down west coast first, but I figured i’m ok with just the east coast

I think a bot made the vid for other bots. I can’t imagine a real person watching for 12 hours? Good grof.

well, that’s why they timelapsed it to 1 hour. I watched like a good 35 minutes :stuck_out_tongue:

What? The ending is really good. I won’t spoil it for you…

Have you guys heard of ‘slow television’? From Wikipedia:

[quote]Slow television, or Slow TV, is a term used for a genre of live “marathon” television coverage of an ordinary event in its complete length. Its name is derived both from the long endurance of the broadcast as well as from the natural slow pace of the television program’s progress. The concept is a modernization of artist Andy Warhol’s slow movie Sleep from 1963, which showed poet John Giorno sleeping for five hours and twenty minutes. The concept was adapted to local TV broadcast in 1966 by WPIX, to VHS video tape in 1984 by the British company Video125, to satellite TV in 2003 by Bahn TV, and to live TV in 2011 by Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation.

The latest evolution of the concept started with the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation’s coverage of the, at that time, longest professional rail fan driver’s eye view, showing the complete 7-hour train ride along the Bergen Line (Bergensbanen) on 27 November 2009. It was followed by the live coverage of the Hurtigruten ship MS Nordnorge during its 134-hour voyage from Bergen to Kirkenes starting on 16 June 2011.

Both events received extensive attention in both Norwegian and foreign media, and were considered a great success with coverage numbers exceeding all expectations and record ratings for the NRK2 channel.[/quote]

Apparently most people only tune in for 10 minutes or so and find it quite relaxing. If I remember correctly there was one knitting epic, following the wool’s journey from sheep to completed sweater, and another show featuring an open fire, which gave viewers the opportunity to vote via SMS as to how the next log would be placed.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I’m being slightly facetious with me popcorns but to be honest I would much be in a room with a slow television broadcast than 97% of the bullshit on ‘normal’ television.

the ending is what I’m trying to forget :stuck_out_tongue:

who knew Andy Warhol pioneered the technique to study sleep disorders…

I watched it until I saw the little train station down in Pingtung I used to stop at regularly.

Phew, train just stopped in Yilan. Thought it wasn’t going to stop anywhere.

I’ll stop once we get to Hualien. Worth watching just to see all those tunnels we go through after Yilan.

the tunnels seems to be filled with fog or smog… would it be the humidity? or are the tunnels just filled with life chocking smog?