Time to call it a day? I think so

[quote=“bobepine, in another thread,”]Thankfully, big changes have already been made in an effort to control the “nasty people” and make the site friendlier and more welcoming. Otherwise, you would not be here posting this. :wink: This said, I would not call it a day just yet…

Peace!

Chris[/quote]
Chris, please do - call it a day, that is. You’ve had your soapbox, you’ve said your piece, and now you’re just repeating yourself, over and over and over again. This is getting tedious in the extreme. Because you haven’t said anything new in who knows how long, I’m asking you to stop posting about Forumosa, and just post within it for the next month. If you have nothing interesting to say, turn on the TV, read a book, or play with a dog - I don’t care, just stay away from feedback.

Passive aggressive “suggestions” on how others should be improving are never welcome, and so many of your posts seem to carry that tone. It’s bothersome when I’m constantly getting PMs asking for your suspension, and my real life encounters with other Forumosans echo those sentiments, so for the next month, I’d like to ask you to fill your days in forums other than the Feedback forum. Please don’t feel that this post is a starting point for discussion - it isn’t. It’s a notification, and I’ll thank you for your compliance. I imagine you’ll be unhappy with this decision, but I’m ok with that.

PS I’ve posted this publically as in the past you have both said and demonstrated that you don’t believe Private Messages should remain private, and also to let others know that I do believe in improving the quality and standards of posting on Forumosa, and this is a first step.

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Nuff said… :smiley:

My God, I think I have a confirmed case of a Canadian being angry. Not as angry as he should be mind. A very moderate Canadian kind of angry.

Oh Lord Have Mercy :noway: :roflmao:

You forgot to say “Cheers!”

BTW, I think this site is fine the way it is, not perfect, but fine; and if it isn’t fine one day, I will focus my attention elsewhere.

I have no claim to this place simply because I use it. I am a volunteer. I am performing unpaid labor because I believe in the premise of the site: to bring foreigners living in Taiwan together and to provide information to those seeking it.

Forumosa.com does not belong to me because I give my time and energy. It may choose to change some for me, but it doesn’t need to. And I do not expect it to.

Have a nice day! Cheers!

[quote=“jdsmith”]You forgot to say “Cheers!”

BTW, I think this site is fine the way it is, not perfect, but fine; and if it isn’t fine one day, I will focus my attention elsewhere.

I have no claim to this place simply because I use it. I am a volunteer. I am performing unpaid labor because I believe in the premise of the site: to bring foreigners living in Taiwan together and to provide information to those seeking it.

Forumosa.com does not belong to me because I give my time and energy. It may choose to change some for me, but it doesn’t need to. And I do not expect it to.

Have a nice day! Cheers![/quote]

Your
point
is
?

:smiley:

jdhottie

I’m fairly new to the forumosa scene but I’m thankful for all the smart people on here that share their experiences and intelligence. I’m also tolerant of the idiots because I know I’m one too sometimes.

I think Taiwan is a funny place because we’re all in the same boat and we all have our egos inflated a certain amount. Why wouldn’t we?

If someone decides to come to this country and “settle”, more or less, then I think there is a certain amount of pride/confidence in that person’s behavior. Mix that in an open-air arena such as forumosa, and a little volatility is expected.