Time to Privatize the US post office

I would surmise that Dog

Based on your example I agree. But since the example is “extreme” it would (hopefully) not apply to many other countries.
Even in those governments are not necessarily the best entity to efficiently manage the money, so privatization could be beneficial.

That said things in Malaysia are not always as private as they appear to be, certainly the government (or better: someone in the government) is going to make money out of it, too. :wink:
Maybe a good time to to point out that the freeways in Malaysia are first class in terms of construction and maintenance, driving there is as comfortable as driving on the German Autobahn, even at high speeds (should you, aeh, forget about the 110km/h speed limit).

I don’t think he was being sarcastic - I guess what he meant to say is that the money went into their private accounts and was not made available for the benefit of the people. Well, at least not most parts of the money as one could safely assume.

I think the first step right now should be to do the following:

1. Delink price controls on express mail. Anyone can set any price they want without consulting with the US Post Office authorities.

2. Open up third-class mail to any company wishing to engage in it.

3. Require the post office to pay corporate, property taxes etc.

4. End the privilege whereby US Post office trucks can park wherever they want without ticketing.