Time vs Money - What's more precious to you right now?

Something I’ve been thinking a lot about recently.
I feel as I grudgingly move into my middle-age I have two conflicting issues.
I have a higher income than I’ve had before and at the same time I also have certain things I want to achieve and do in my life. However the realization is creeping up quickly that the pursuit of earning money in a relatively safe way is potentially delaying/killing that and that each passing year is a year that could have counted more.

So, for you, right now, at this very moment…what’s most important, Time or Money? (You can only choose one- feel free to comment about your preference below )

• Time
  • Money

0 voters

2 Likes

Time is literally life, and there’s nothing more precious than that.

5 Likes

How about we just discuss that would-be hobby of yours?

2 Likes

My response is “yes.”

Guy

2 Likes

:thinking:

1 Like

Come on where are the greedy bastards ?
The desperadoes.
The down and outs.
Harassed parents with seven kids, lizard, rabbit and stag beetle.

1 Like

It’s not a hobby so much as I want to pursue my own enterprise which lies close to my heart and be a free agent .
I realised that I am somewhat running out of time to do it.
Or I could get sick or die one day and that might be it…
I have some money due next year and it’s kind of torture waiting for it right now .

1 Like

They don’t visit Forumosa.

3 Likes

The guy with the lizard , rabbit and beetle does! Minus a few kids I’m guessing.

Yay one money grubber voted money. Good on you.

1 Like

I’m surprised that most people have chosen time.

3 Likes

I’m guessing this may correlate with age for some.

Feel free to state if Money or Time is what you want right now in the comments here.

You can have all the time in the world if you are a billionaire.

1 Like

I chose money mostly to be a contrarian lol. Time for sure but more money now means more time in the future, so like everything else there’s a balance between them.

If I had 10 million USD I would retire rn.

2 Likes

How about 5 mil?

1 Like

How about 2.5 million USD? I think I could retire comfortably on that.

5 Likes

Often making more money now means spending more time at the doctor later.

Ideally, you want to slowly decrease the work load the older you get and use the additional free time taking care of your body. Also ideally, after making money as a young person, you want to have that money work for you as an older person.

10 Likes

Where is the “Happiness” option?

3 Likes

Yeah that too I guess lol. I just said some number off the top of my head. No less than 2 mill though.

1 Like

Remember folks I am emphasising your priority RIGHT NOW. What’s your state of mind.

Early retirement correlates with earlier mortality rates with men. The causes aren’t clear, but be careful what you wish for.

2 Likes