Tina's Rabbit Adopting Blog

Introduction of Tina’s Rabbit Adopting Blog:
http://blog.xuite.net/blue_sky23/rabbitget

I’m sorry that the Xuite Blog cannot change or add other languages view.

It’s the Eng page I wrote: http://blog.xuite.net/blue_sky23/rabbitget/4664443

The Rabbit-Forster Blog is for people who want to have a pet rabbit without buying.
It’s the only one website for adopting rabbits in Taiwan or in the world.

I want to spread the concept “To adopt, without Buying!” and teach people how to take goog care of rabbit.

The adoption information is from many websites and applications from people who cannot countinue to take care of his/her rabbit.

People who would like to adopt a rabbit have to contact the rabbit keeper by themselves.

For spreading the concept “To adopt, without Buying!”, a writer of the Rabbit Book, Gina, who also helps to translate the important knowledge from the American House Rabbit Society, donating her books and some rabbits food seller also donate grass or food for people who foster a rabbit from my blog.

Here, I would like to introduce some important knowledge English rabbit webites:

1. House Rabbit Society “Rabbit Care Guide” (HRS): http://www.rabbit.org/
  2. Bunny Years Calculator: http://www.bunnyrescue.org/calcage.html
  3. Rescue-Roundtable Rabbit Program: http://blog.xuite.net/blue_sky23/rabbitget/5847956

If you wanna have a rabbit, please not to buy.

There are many rabbits need your love to bring them home. ^^

People can contact me by this mail: blue_sky23@kiss99.com
MY MSN: blue_sky041923@hotmail.com

Superb site. I know people who have adopted rabbits from the site and the support in general from the site host and other organisations is excellent. They have been on the TV and everything. They take an active interest in trying to prevents abuse of rabbits and report pet shops that do. A bit like what Stray Dog is doing except for rabbits.

Here is a completely unrelated link with rabbits: angryalien.com/0504/shiningbunnies.html

Tina, that’s great stuff you’re doing. I would love a rabbit or two, but they wouldn’t like my cats or dog I expect. Plus, it’d be AWFUL tempting when there wasn’t any food in the house.
My roomate of several years ago had one. Funny little bugger. The rabbit, not the roomate.

Yeah, gotta watch what pets you put together. Pet rabbit + pet hybrid wolf = pet hybrid wolf. True story (friend o’ mine).

Nice! Let me know if we can support you in any way (perhaps a link on our website?).

Keep up the good work! :bravo:

The main function of my blog is to spread the idea of " Adopting, without buying!", and correct knowledge of keeping a pet rabbit. Everything is about rabbit information. It’s what I do for rabbits.

Could Stray Dog please add the logo of my blog in your website, the Animals Taiwan? Actually, my logo was on your old page, but on the new page it’s gone. Thank you very much ^^ I have yours on my page, too. Here’s the code,

Adopting, without buying!

The rescuing-rabbit small group is the “sister blog” of mine. What they do is really tough. The leader of the group keep at least 9 rabbits now. All the halfway home for “refugee rabbits” of the group are “full”, they need more volunteers to join them, or people could donate food or money for the rabbits. It’s their blog: blog.xuite.net/mine.orange/rabbit

There are many groups doing the same thing.

By the way, there’s a new group is trying to rent a house as a halfway home now.

Hope people could care more about animals in Taiwan, especially the Gov in Taiwan…

Hi Tina,

I might be moving to Taiwan, and I was wondering if you know anything about pet immigration for rabbits in Taiwan? Also, is it easy to find pet supplies there?

Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

Karin

I have kept two rabbits in Taiwan. One my girlfriend bought, but as usual I was the one who had to look after it. The second I adopted from someone who was going home to South Africa - literally the day before she left.

There are many pet shops selling rabbit cages, food pellets and other accessories. I have never seen such a thing as a rabbit hutch here. Most vets are not knowledgeable or experienced in caring for animals other than dogs and cats, in my experience.

Anyway I do not recommend bringing any animal to Taiwan. Unless you come from e.g. China or the Philippines, you will be moving your pet to an inferior environment if you bring it here. Much better to find it a new and caring home in your own country, in my opinion.

I have a cat, a dog, numerous small creatures and a rabbit and the rabbit is definetly the best of the bunch! (sorry Pepper)

I never would have thought that a rabbit could make such a great pet. I was a little worried at first how the other animals would react but I think bunny is the alpha pet of them all :laughing: They usually play well together but if one of them gets a little too rough bunny thumps her foot at them and they stop.

She followed the cat around for several days and watched her use the littler box so now bunny is litter trained. Cat is PO’ed bunny took over her box so now cat goes outside. :laughing:

[quote=“piwackit”]I have a cat, a dog, numerous small creatures and a rabbit and the rabbit is definetly the best of the bunch! (sorry Pepper)

I never would have thought that a rabbit could make such a great pet. I was a little worried at first how the other animals would react but I think bunny is the alpha pet of them all :laughing: They usually play well together but if one of them gets a little too rough bunny thumps her foot at them and they stop.

She followed the cat around for several days and watched her use the littler box so now bunny is litter trained. Cat is PO’ed bunny took over her box so now cat goes outside. :laughing:[/quote]

haha cute. I had a bunny for five years until he died because he was bitten by something, Probably a centipede.

he loved his veggies. washed and dried leafy veggies, also liked quaker oats as they are, and also potatoes done with one of those scrapers.

funny he loves to drink water, but his veggies have to be washed and dried or he may get a loose tummy. But he can go right to drinking water just fine.

He had his own tiny fan for eating in summertime, otherwise its too hot and he will dump his bowl. And winter he slept in his cage in the toilet with a heater there to keep him warm. He sleeps in his cage but is let out all day when we are home. When we are not he is caged because he had been known to chew thru a telephone cord (but luckily no electric wires).

I never had the confidence to let him loose in the house without someone home, but perhaps that fear is unfounded.

maybe we should have just let him be around the house, especially as we were gone so long hours during the day? I always felt bad that he was home in his cage for much of the day.

no such problems with the cat (didnt have the cat together wiht the rabbit)