Tired of living in this s***hole

I’m pretty sure you can get laid in Heaven. BUT! Only with your wife. And even if Hell was cooler, it would still suck having someone jab hot pokers up your ass all day, unless, of course, that’s you bag. :smiley: …[/quote]

But if your wife was in Heaven with you, then wouldn’t that be Hell? :laughing: [color=#FF0000]I guess it depends on your wife.[/color] :cactus:[/quote]
Most definitely! :smiley:

This is kinda how I feel, too, but doesn’t eliminate the need to vent once in a while.

True, but some places do suck more than others. The trick is finding a place that suits you.

I don’t think I’ll ever want to stay in one city for more than five years though, I grew up in a military family, moving every 4 or so years, and now I get restless fast.

1 Like

I just stumbled upon this old thread and you know it’s kind of still the same, cleaned up but Taiwan still the s*** hole.

And I’m one of those people that looks at the glass half full not half empty.

Taiwan is not a job destination. Well yes there are some English teacher opportunities. And some people excel and some people fail. Other than that, not much to nothing.

Got something great to offer as a startup like technology or something. Fail. Lots of that already apparent or disappear.

Taiwan is not a beach destination. Taiwan is not a food destination. Taiwan is not a wild west oh I have a huge opportunity going to strike it rich destination. Taiwan is not a Thailand like destination. Taiwan is not really a destination for anything.

Taiwan is not even really an alternative of something better. But they advertise it and market it so well so it seems like it is to those that don’t know.

Also the weather it’s terrible and pollution is terrible at least half the year depending on where you live.

Locally grown vegetables and farm animals are unhealthy to consume.

3 Likes

Maybe just some perspective as we go into winter. Europeans are about to freeze this winter. It’s not even if you can afford the crazy cost of electricity either, governments in Europe have plans for blackouts in place and are also expected to ration electricity.

I will be spending this winter in Japan,Taiwan, Korea, and Vietnam.

Perhaps you should look into Vietnam. It checks off some of the things you’re looking for. It’s a Wild West kind of place that lets businesses thrive. Lots of beaches.

8 Likes

They’re appears to be a great knead.

5 Likes

Well you just sunk my boat :joy: :joy: :joy:
Be interesting to see how things pan out for me over Christmas.
Christmas away from family/friends is rough wherever you are at that particular time.

Still, there’s always a pub or a club open somewhere. Or go for a ride or a run or lift some weights.
Hope the OP is doing good these days …

Now is probably a really good time to move to Vietnam

3 Likes

I wonder whatever happened with the OP. Hopefully he found peace somewhere because I read through some of his other posts and he was absolutely miserable here. Hence his user name I suppose.

4 Likes

I don’t want to be rude, but have you been to a real shithole country?
Taiwan might be loud and dirty, but it’s free of major corruption, having “protests” and strikes every day, people burning public infrastructure everywhere, constantly getting pickpocketed, street harassed, or not being able to go out after it gets dark because somebody might stab you.

11 Likes

I liked living in Taiwan. For the most part, people were very nice.

2 Likes

I agree with all of the complaints but not the conclusion. Besides safety, Taiwan has nothing truly outstanding. But it doesn’t need to in order to still be a great living destination. Europe’s economy is going down the drain and the rest of Asia are too xenophobic. There aren’t many countries that can beat Taiwan for me.

14 Likes

Thailand is great for a holiday but it’s corrupt as hell isn’t it? The other thing about Thailand is they don’t appear too bothered when foreigners drop dead there, they just bring in the cops who investigate for a grand total of about two minutes and ship the body away.

8 Likes

As far as food quality it’s just crap all over Asia really. Factory farmed meats in most countries, as for vegies, even Japan the wealthiest(?) and top of the pile are one of the biggest consumers of pesticides per capita in the world. They love the stuff. So not sure you can really do any better with fruits and vegetables in Asia either?

Vietnam is good unfortunately their tourist visa has gone back to 1 month for the moment.

1 Like

I dont know why but every time I think of Vietnam I think of this song…

Machine guns, tanks, napalm, etc.

Actually if you want a real shithole country, try a country where getting moderately sick will bankrupt even fairly well off person, where you might get stabbed/shot/killed, etc.

3 Likes

This one’s too heavy for Monday morning. I’ll think I’ll turn it off now.

1 Like

I’d put most developed countries in that same category. Decent, not the most exciting but good living.

Like the old saying, no matter where you move there you are

5 Likes

Exactly.
You can live in California or Vancouver but if you aint rich , good luck to ya!

I was back in Europe recently, some ways things are so hard there now , Taiwan on the other hand inflation has barley scratched the surface here.
There’s refugees and war. There is nowhere to live. Forget about cheap drugs or access to doctors. Electricity and gas 3x the price, Fuel 2x. Can’t leave a bike or scooter outside cos it will get nicked.
You got the tax man dipping your pocket for 40% plus of your wage. You got sales tax up to 23% sometimes. You got capital gains tax of 33% :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

And its blooody cold!!
Here you go out in your sandals and shorts and grab a beer or a tea for a buck or two.

Easy easy living.

19 Likes

Taiwan is extremely convenient too. A great place just need to clear those sidewalks up !

6 Likes