TIRED of reading this adoption threads on forumosa

If he does, at least you can accuse his frog of being a fat virgin too.[/quote]

Where some people see two problems, I see a solution :smiley:

(but itā€™s none of my business :smiley:)

If he does, at least you can accuse his frog of being a fat virgin too.[/quote]

Where some people see two problems, I see a solution :smiley:

(but itā€™s none of my business :smiley:)[/quote]

Depends, as the solution takes a lot of effort:

[quote]According to a study conducted by the New England Journal of Medicine, sex lasts six minutes on average and only burns about 21 calories.

According to WebMD, 30 minutes of sex can burn in the neighborhood of 85 to 100 calories

Men burn 4.2 calories a minute and women 3.1, say Canadian researchers

With the average session lasting 24.7 minutes, this equates to 104 calories for men and 69 for women [/quote]

[quote]According to a study conducted by the New England Journal of Medicine, sex lasts six minutes on average and only burns about 21 calories.

[/quote]

Wow, that long?

Even if heā€™s being hand-fed rat babies for dinner?

Thought we were talking about people. :astonished:

21 cals is two live goldfish, yā€™know.

This thread has officially jumped the shark.

:fume: The things people do to animals makes me mad. :noway:

:fume: The things people do to animals makes me mad. :noway:[/quote]

Hey it was part of a CNR effort.

Hmm. HMMM. Sounds fishy to me. That fin just came off in your hand?

[Think I should probably stop accusing MM of having relations with endangered species, now. And shark-finning. :laughing: ]

Its funny before I came here. With my dogs the entire forum virtually said donā€™t bring them. I agree that people should do everything in their power to keep their pets for the length of their life. But things happen its not always possible.

I agree with the OP. Save for exceptional cases (emergency departures from Taiwan), I donā€™t understand how people can live a family member behind. Our Aineko is coming with us back to Italy, Iran or wherever we will move next.

Generally I am agreeing with you.

But I must say recently Iā€™m thinking that if something happened (better not) and I had to leave Taiwan, Iā€™d probably leave it with my current boyfriend and/or his family who fell in love badly with my cat. Itā€™s not as much about money, as how I am worried how my cat would take this kind of travel (2 transfers!) at his slowly senior age. So Iā€™m quite relieved to know in case of emergency, I have plan B for him.

@ Brobonek, hey if you have 13K USD extra to spare with me (that is if i can find an agency or airline that would actually take them from USA to Colombia) i would gladly accept them so i dont have to leave my dog and cat that i have cared for in the good and bad situations for the past 3 years after my adopted Golden retriever died of Cancer here in Taiwan at 3 years of ageā€¦ specially since i am being transferred by my company back to my country to a city that is around 35C every day of the year and has very high % of Humidity, after being in Taiwan for 9 yearsā€¦ how would i suspect i would get transferred back to my country?

its easy to talk and judge about things that you cannot controlā€¦ i do understand some people dont try hard to get their loved pets to travel with them, but there are exceptions to the ruleā€¦ i have been looking for way to take them with me for the past yearā€¦ since i was told about a possible transfer in February of this yearā€¦

[quote=ā€œomerojsā€]@ Brobonek, hey if you have 13K USD extra to spare with me (that is if i can find an agency or airline that would actually take them from USA to Colombia) I would gladly accept them so I donā€™t have to leave my dog and cat that I have cared for in the good and bad situations for the past 3 years after my adopted Golden retriever died of Cancer here in Taiwan at 3 years of ageā€¦ specially since I am being transferred by my company back to my country to a city that is around 35C every day of the year and has very high % of Humidity, after being in Taiwan for 9 yearsā€¦ how would i suspect I would get transferred back to my country?

its easy to talk and judge about things that you cannot controlā€¦ I do understand some people dont try hard to get their loved pets to travel with them, but there are exceptions to the ruleā€¦ I have been looking for way to take them with me for the past yearā€¦ since I was told about a possible transfer in February of this yearā€¦[/quote]

Man!!! I donā€™t give a shā€¦t about you, your life or whatever. I have seen huskies in Taiwanese and so many kind of dogsā€¦ So the excuse of the weather is bit light.
I do not have cash to spare . Sorry for that. I understand how expensive it can be.
I would love to take ur dog and cat. But I canā€™t really afford it, at this moment of my life.
With my girl we have 3 cats.
Ian not judging you or whoever get rid of his pet, I am just giving my personal point of view.
Here is a small true story, back in the UK.: my friend get a dog with his girlfriend when their relationship started. For 6 years everything was awesome. After that they separated and gone each one their way. The girl couldnā€™t keep the dog and neither my friend. He took the hard and coward decision to put his dog to sleep. Really disgusting, but he man up, take responsibilities of his act and done what he believed was the better thing to do. Trust me, nothing was easy. And he will live all his life with that.
Do I agree with him. NOOOOO WAY.
Am I asking you to put your pets to sleep? NOOO

Man, I really hope someone can take care of ur pets. And I really hope no one will ever get pets if they are not prepared for any kind of situation.
PLEASE, do not adopt any animals back in Colombia as you might be shipped somewhere else some days.
Good luck

[quote=ā€œbrobronekā€]
Man!!! I donā€™t give a shā€¦t about you, your life or whatever.[/quote]

No need to be aggressive, i am not looking for your approval at allā€¦ if you are tired of the adoption posts then please stop reading themā€¦
what would you do if in 5 years your new born baby is dead allergic to cats? assuming you have a baby at some pointā€¦ not everything is pink and happy in life as you should already knowā€¦

i wont be adopting any other pet anytime soon until i get 100% settledā€¦ hopefully when i buy a house that i wont sell and rather quit my job if forced to be transferredā€¦

I want blood.

[quote=ā€œomerojsā€][quote=ā€œbrobronekā€]
Man!!! I donā€™t give a shā€¦t about you, your life or whatever.[/quote]

No need to be aggressive, I am not looking for your approval at allā€¦ if you are tired of the adoption posts then please stop reading themā€¦
what would you do if in 5 years your new born baby is dead allergic to cats? assuming you have a baby at some pointā€¦ not everything is pink and happy in life as you should already knowā€¦

i wont be adopting any other pet anytime soon until I get 100% settledā€¦ hopefully when i buy a house that i wont sell and rather quit my job if forced to be transferredā€¦[/quote]

Sorry for the language.
If my baby is dead allergic to cats then I will need to find solutions. Unfortunately, putting them to sleep is one of them but will be the last choice. No choice. It is black or white. We are talking about extreme situation.

Here is another personal story. At 17 years old I had my very own dog. Not my dadā€™s or mumā€™s.MINE.
after 4 months the dog get sick. A virus. And when we see the vet he told me that the only way to save him is to make transfusion and replace all his blood by other non infected ( some stuff like this. A dialyse) and that he get only 50% of chance to survive) . Very expensive at this time. It was something like the equivalent of 300 euros a day.
That were my expense as it was my dog. I was already saving as the following year I would have gone abroad for studies so I started taking small jobs to enjoys my university time abroad. I spent all my saving and sold my scooter ( which was a big thing for me at the time to cover expenses for weeks). My dog was just not anymore the same. Very weak. Tired. Completely sick.the vet then told me that it is better for me to let him go.
So I said ok.
Do I regret something? NO
Did I try everything? Yes

You will need to take some important decision. What will happen if you canā€™t find someone to take care of them?
Will you take the right decision? Because remember, refuge will keep them for a couple of weeks.
My point is that man up, accept the consequences and carry on living. Do not regret anything. Life is too short. Of course you need to see all ur options and hopefully some forumosan will help you.
Best of luck

[quote=ā€œbrobronekā€]
You will need to take some important decision. What will happen if you canā€™t find someone to take care of them?
Will you take the right decision? Because remember, refuge will keep them for a couple of weeks.
My point is that man up, accept the consequences and carry on living. Do not regret anything. Life is too short. Of course you need to see all your options and hopefully some forumosan will help you.
Best of luck[/quote]

Thxā€¦ fortunately there are a few offers of people who would take care of them, i am trying to get 1 person to take both as they are best buddies since pup and kittyā€¦ and for sure i wont put them to sleepā€¦ i have delayed my trip 2 times already to work on this issueā€¦ but now its almost settled
sorry to hear your stories, and i agreeā€¦ one has to take full responsibilities for the decisions that we makeā€¦ and putting them to sleep is not an option for me, i am 100% sure about that.

So ā€¦ youā€™re all righteous indignation unless the cat made your hypothetical baby sneeze, then youā€™d consider euthanizing it? Jesus H. :laughing: