TIS race track (old thread--link to new thread in last post)

Temple’s first race at TIS video + interviews.

iantaiwan.over-blog.com/

[quote=“iix23”]We are going for a spin at the race track in Longtan Saturday 25/11/2007.
If you would like to join, it would be fun to meet new people.
Last weekend I went with Omejo, BTM and Morthed. It was good fun.
You can watch the videos and the pics at
iantaiwan.over-blog.com/

Remember when driving: Better safe than sorry.[/quote]

I’ll be the first to attest that this is a rockin blast…If not somewhat hard on your tires. You can get on the track with most anything (within reason) and as long as you’ve got gloves/semblance of armor. We aren’t pro riders of any sort, but there is something about track day that is…

So fricking cool :sunglasses:

Count me in … again !!!

what time?..till?..I might be able to come, driving though…no more big bike for me :frowning: …at least for now

edit : Ian? I know this guy…rode once with him when he went to tpe…will he be there too?

Hey, we all got our butts handed to us by a two-stroke NSR…Which is fitting considering the nature of the track. This is about good fun, motorcycling camaraderie and practice.

There was even an old FZR out there making the rounds…He wasn’t fast, but hell, who cares? Back home track days aren’t so easy to come by, and there are no egos out on the Lungtan track (well, except maybe Mordeth…hee hee).

The OP has put up Sat the 25th…But the 25th is a Sunday. Can you confirm? I have a B-day party on that Sunday so will be unable to attend. The 24th is good though.

I’d be keen to come and watch and cheer on the racers. I doubt a Vino 125 would fit in on the track unless you need a chicane.

been there several times but only as spectator…yeah, those NSR (and even scooters) are damn fast…

btw, sun also no good for me…going east and try to reach hualien under 2hrs…ehahaha…kidding

[quote=“StreetSpec”]
btw, sun also no good for me…going east and try to reach Hualian under 2hrs…ehahaha…kidding[/quote]

:wink:

hey cout me in for sure once i get on wheels again. Hopefully this weekend! :slight_smile:

oh man, I cant make it this time. I am going camping. Shit, thanks for the heads up though. I will be at the next one. Cheers!!

I’ll be in again, and on the track this time, if someone wants to lend me leathers (iix23, you did mention it…). I had a great time just watching.

UPDATE
First I made a mistake in the dates. It is Saturday 24/11/2007.

Second: BTM will check if the track is available from 9AM to 12. If it is, it’s a go. ( will post tomorrow as soon as I get an answer)

Third: Someone was wondering about clothing. I have an extra body armor that I can lend. But please confirm that that you will come (I don’t want to carry it if no one is going to use it).

Finally: Check here tomorrow after dinner to confirm the “go ahead” for the track. If everything is ok, then we will meet at the track a 8:45.

How long do you guys intend staying at the track?

From 9am to after 12/until they kick us out or we are about to blow a tire.
:wink:
lol

iix23, I was wondering about body armour, I’ll be there for sure (if it’s dry) so if you bring it it’ll get used, thanks. Blowing a tyre scares the sht out of me!!
I’ll be riding down from Xindian in the morning, dunno if any other Taipei folk want to ride down together.

For anyone who is interested, here is the link to the googlemaps aerial shot of the place. You can scroll out to get your bearings if needed.

Note, there is another track on the other side of the freeway for go karts.

take it easy out there boys…although it may look like a track, it’s far from safer than the street…There’s no runoff, no impact absorbing fences and no track marshalls…basically, safety is greatly overlooked at this so-called track…so, should some of you get overconfident or carried away in the heat of competition, just remember the above points and take it easy.

Cheers

sorry guys, i can not join tomorrow… it seems that i have to go to the office to fix some bugs with a new product that arrived today in the afternoon…
make vids and take pics…and be careful…

iix23, if u need the camera mount… well just call me, maybe i will go tonight to the flying pig… or something like that… see ya guys !!!

Pas de panique Capitaine Stag. Securiter en premier. :wink:
(translation) No panic safety comes first.

Ps- you drive a Subaru?

See you guys at 8:45 in Longtan