Tissue boxes in back window

Maybe the heat has got a solid hold of me but I always laugh when I see tissue boxes in the back window of a car, especially if it’s a really nice car. Case in point, saw a brand new VW Phaeton today (first time i’ve seen one) with a big tissue box in the back. Must be really new though they didn’t have anything hanging from the rear view mirror.

Hey man, rich folks need to blow their hooters too you know!

I always thought they were for wiping up after back seat shagging.

No, they are conveniently placed for when my son pukes up about a litre of milk all over the back seat of a taxi…“Oh dear!” “I’m very sorry about that, here’s an extra 300nt for your trouble and mess.”

At least we were on the way home.

Ironically the nicer your car (and the bigger its engine) the more tissue boxes, water bottle and ‘SOPP’ you will be left with from gas station visits. I can barely see through my back window now and have to scream ‘noooo!’ when the attendant comes running at me with another box of water they probably filled up from the fire hose.

My wife insists that the collection of said items is the main purpose of any car’s trunk.

The first time I came to Taiwan - in 1990 - one of the things that struck me was the habit of putting boxes of tissue paper (often inside animal-shaped covers) in the rear windows of cars. I don’t even notice it now.

I drink that water. I’m pretty sure that GreenTime and Yes water were rated the best of all the bottled waters in a survey a few years back. And the fact that they move it so quickly means it’s fresh. It is a great thing if you ask me especially given the price of fuel and the price of buying bottled water. Greentime is 18nt at 7/11.

I’ve heard the best is the kind called [More Water], which is what I buy all the time.

I generally avoid the H3O and H4O formulae. H2O works fine though.

More is the one in the white bottle, isn’t it? I remember it not doing so well. YES was the about the best and at the time the cheapest, probably still is.

We started out with one box in the back. Now we’ve got one in the front on the dashboard as well. Afterall, what do you do if you’re sitting in the front?!

Of course, I do realize that this will land me in the 6 o’clock news eventually when I’m killed by a flying tissue box during a small fender bender.

More is the one in the white bottle, isn’t it? I remember it not doing so well. YES was the about the best and at the time the cheapest, probably still is.[/quote]

you remember wrong… In both the 1998 test and the subsequent follow up tests, the best local bottled water was MORE (多喝水) YES Water was in the bottom 3 and it was actually recommended that the public avoid YES water… I can’t find a link to the test itself, but this review of the test and Taiwan bottled water from Amcham will do…

http://www.amcham.com.tw/publication_topics_view.php?volume=31&vol_num=3&topics_id=56

I remember in reverse. I drank stacks of it so it couldn’t have been too bad. Though for years I’ve had some kind of stomache complaint.

The boxes of tissues seem, to me, to be a rather good idea. What happens if you sneeze out a huge amount of snot while you’re driving? You don’t really want to wipe that on your seat or clothes do you? Tissues are always handy to have around.

What really gets me is the dozens of stuffed animals that take up the rest of the space in the back window and/or front dash.

[quote=“rob_the_canuck”]
What really gets me is the dozens of stuffed animals that take up the rest of the space in the back window and/or front dash.[/quote]Well, that’s why the tissue boxes are so popular… they’re usually free with gas. The stuffed animals you have buy. I mean, who the hell would want to see what’s going on outside the car? Everyone knows that what you can’t see can’t hurt you. :loco:

I was in a taxi with my toddler son. My son wanted to put on the seatbelt but couldn’t find the buckle. It had been cut off. I asked the driver why he didn’t have buckles in the backseat. He told me they are not necessary, nobody uses them anyway. My son commented on all the tissue boxes in the back window. I asked the taxi driver why he had so many tissue boxes in his car. He told me everyone needs tissues, they are very useful…

[quote=“asiababy”]I was in a taxi with my toddler son. My son wanted to put on the seatbelt but couldn’t find the buckle. It had been cut off. I asked the driver why he didn’t have buckles in the backseat. He told me they are not necessary, nobody uses them anyway. My son commented on all the tissue boxes in the back window. I asked the taxi driver why he had so many tissue boxes in his car. He told me everyone needs tissues, they are very useful…[/quote]Right. I often look for the back seatbelt clips in taxis only to find they’ve been removed or tucked under the seat.

Perhaps we could surround ourselves with tissue boxes as kind of makeshift airbags. :wink:

[quote=“joesax”]Right. I often look for the back seatbelt clips in taxis only to find they’ve been removed or tucked under the seat.

Perhaps we could surround ourselves with tissue boxes as kind of makeshift airbags. :wink:[/quote]

Make sure they have the animal coverings for extra padding.

Who the hell nead seat belts?
Tissues is far bether to wipe off blood than seatbelt’s. Nylons abilety to absorb suck’s and theny allso is handy if you got smething hanging out your nose in witch case seatbelts still are no good.