Today at Around 6 p.m., I Watched a Movie at MEGA

• Channel 64 (Cable in Taoyuan).

One of the actors r Simon Lam.

Does anyone knows the title of this movie?

This movie is followed by Happy Ghost III.

Thank you, :)!

Could it be number 17 who appeared in Star Field?

what do u mean?

Click on the 17 above and see if it’s the same guy.

Simon Lam is a new one to me. Simon Yam I’ve heard of. What’s his Chinese name?

Is number 17 you Rinkals?

Maybe it is Simon Yam, cause Chinese/HK/TW movies is a new area for me.

I tried to help. Now I’m out of here.

[quote=“New2Commuting”]- Channel 64 (Cable in Taoyuan).

One of the actors r Simon Lam.

Does anyone knows the title of this movie?

This movie is followed by Happy Ghost III.

Thank you, :slight_smile:![/quote]

What was the plot?

Simon Yam Tat-hwa has been in hundreds of movies. Give me a plot and I’ll be able to give you a possible English title.

BTW, Simon Yam’s on Mega (which seems to be the new home of Long Shong), Star Mandarin Movies, Video Land and ETTV Asian Movies at least once a day and several times a week and dozens of times a month, given how many films he’s been in that they how here!

BTW - was it a recent film?

I’m glad Mega has stepped in to pick up the slack of the illogical Taiwanese government ban on Long Shong (the gov. revoked its broadcast license).

thank you, :)!

I should have noted down the plot.

It might have been the one with him placing himself as a waiter in a fast-food restaurant, while he actually is the heir of a vast amount of fortune.

He finally told the girl who owns or co-manage the restaurant, that he likes her.

[quote=“New2Commuting”]thank you, :slight_smile:!

I should have noted down the plot.

It might have been the one with him placing himself as a waiter in a fast-food restaurant, while he actually is the heir of a vast amount of fortune.

He finally told the girl who owns or co-manage the restaurant, that he likes her.
—[/quote]

Hmmm. I know they’ve been playing GIGALO & WHORE 2 for the last two months, since I always surf past it (to Z Channel for some Pro-Wrestling NOAH), ad nausieum (when it was still Long Shong, and now on Mega since they have the entire LS catalog now). I haven’t seen it from begining to end in 13 or 14 years (and that was at the Music Palace in Chinatown, and I wasn’t impressed), but I don’t recall him playing a waiter in a fast food restaurant in it. In fact, he’s the “Gigalo.”

Was Rosamund Kwan Chi-lam in it? Alex Fong Chun-sun? Did it have a scene where Kwan gets into drag and enters a lesbian bar (despite the title, the film’s a PRETTY WOMAN flick with genders reveresed and no t&a, sadly)? Does Simon and a group of kids serenade Kwan in a car park?

If so, then that’s the flick. If not, more details please. I can try to pinpoint what it was with further information.

No Rosamund Kwan, as far as I can recall.

His name in the movie was also LAM . I can not recall the full name though.

It was about his grandma or his big family matching him up with his cousin. whom he doesnt love.

I watched the one with Lam chasing a lesbian, but I also missed the title.

Sounds like that Eddie Murphy movie with Arsenio Hall. Whatever happened to Arsenio Hall?

[quote=“New2Commuting”]
I watched the one with Lam chasing a lesbian, but I also missed the title.[/quote]

That’s GIGALO & WHORE 2.