Toddlers shouting in apartment hallways, is this normal behavior?

My god. These responses to little kids playing.

Just move. And next time ask better questions about neighbors.

1 Like

I used to have a problem with my neighbors storing hundreds of stanky shoes outside my door. I tried the landlord route with no success and finally just embarrassed the shit out of them by showing up with a laundry basket and announcing that Iā€™m here to wash the shoes. There was some yelling at first but I worked with them to wash the hallway and let them have a chance to ask anything they wanted. Weā€™re on good terms now.
If I were you, Iā€™d approach them with concern. When you hear kids scream, you think they are hurt and need help.
Keep asking if they are injured and if they need to go to the hospital. Embarrass the shit out of them and it will stop. You canā€™t approach it logically and say they need to take care of their kidsā€¦ When theyā€™re pissed off, show up with a gift. Itā€™s hard for anyone to hate or not care for someone who is right there.

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t be so sure.

3 Likes

In Italy , our neighbors kid used to play outside our window. Soundproofing technology doesnā€™t exist in old Italian buildings so it some weird way, it amplified the sound.

We lived in Siena, the Palio is like the Super Bowl of the town. The kid was part of the Worm community, and he would pretend to be the horse that represented the Worm. The kid will randomly shout ā€œThe worm winssss! The worm winssss!ā€ After running around.

1 Like

No kidding? What instrument did you play?

:laughing:

1 Like

fify

2 Likes

Much better :slight_smile:.

There are apartments with private entrances that you donā€™t share with anyone else.

Thereā€™s an easy solution for you that you can afford.
iPhone 12 Pro + AirPods Pro and turn on the noise cancellation when they are playing in the hallways.

An even easier solution would have been to rent a better place. Problem-free housing in Taiwan basically doesnā€™t exist, but if you rent an apartment in a more upscale building, frequent hallway nonsense is far less likely to be one of the problems you have to deal with.

You get what you pay for.

2 Likes

Ex post facto

Thatā€™s not a solution that is doable now that his contract has already started.

Well, given OPā€™s claimed income and the fact that heā€™s probably renting a typical cheap room (ā€œI live and rent like a localā€ per a previous thread he created), paying a 1 month early-termination penalty is probably no more than a $15-20,000 hit to his wallet. And even if it was double or triple that, which itā€™s clearly not, somebody earning what he claims could easily afford it and would consider it a small price to pay for peace and quiet.

Also, OP previously posted that he moves around a lot, so he seems to know how to navigate the rental market. Make of that what you will as it relates to the reason for this thread. In factā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m inclined to believe that the OP is anything but a troll.

5 Likes

Are you seriously suggesting a grown man should approach a 5 year old girl and offer to buy her socks?

I played trumbone. Sucked at it too :joy: I tried to pick it up again a few years ago, but I donā€™t have the breath to play it anymore. Sad.

Thatā€™s female privilege, that is. Thereā€™s a special word for men who act creepy around children, peeping and such, rhymes with ā€˜what-a-smileā€™ā€¦

I certainly hope you all understand itā€™s a jokeā€¦ my sister was offered by a man to buy her sock when she was like 7 y/oā€¦ the guy managed to convince her to take off her socks but she felt weird and refused to do more and went for help. Iā€™m just glad that sheā€™s not dumb enough to let him touch her feet :nauseated_face:

Please donā€™t go around a ask a kid for their socks. Unless theyā€™re really noisy in the hallway. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It is a good point. Toddlers gonna toddle, but what kind of normal behaviour is it to change your apartment every month?

Cool. Iā€™ve always thought that was an interesting instrument. I played the trumpet. :trumpet:

1 Like

It is in deed an interesting instrument. Everytime I put that back into that I feel like Iā€™m a knight wielding a sword. (Sorry I learned it from a Taiwanese teacher so I dunno the lingo, but I think you got the idea lol) And we would reach our trombone out to other sections and leak out water during indoor practice lol. Also super convenient if you need to close the door :joy:

I love trumpet too. Very spirit lifting. I recently came across this YouTube video and the performance is amazing!!! Iā€™ll post the link later since Iā€™m in a lecture now and I donā€™t wanna risk itā€¦ Do you still play it now?