Toilet bowls are too low

One of the few things that really bother me in Taiwan is the design of the toilet bowls.

They are too low.

Every time I finished my business (that is, clearing my bowels!) - which might take some time, depending on the reading material - I stand up with my legs numb. So numb, that sometimes I can’t walk anymore.

(If you see someone lying in front of a publich toilet, that’s me).

This phenomen doesn’t happen to me in Europe.

I am 186cms tall - Am I the only tall person with this problem ? I blame it on the low toilet bowls, but maybe its my blood circulation.

Any trouble shooting, except ‘stop reading on the loo and finish your business faster’ ?

1. Stop using public restrooms.

2. At home, read comic books while dropping the kids off by the pool, not long novels. (You won’t forget where you are and what you are doing.)

I’m 196cm and eat a lot of bread. This two-step method works for me.

Those toilets are for squatting. If you sit down on them, you’re basically sitting on the floor. It’s very dirty.

The reason they’re so low is you should keep your knees at about a 90 degree angle, and doo your business when you’re half standing/half sitting.

Why did you do that?!?!?!?!

I was talking about the toilet bowls were you supposed to sit on. - Not the “holes in the floor” which I find very uncomfortable …

Yeah, the penis touching the toilet bowl while you are sitting on it is also disgusting…

You see, it’s known for a long time, Chinese have a small penis.

I agree, toilets are too low. And I also hate it when I have to worry about el capitan touching the inside of the bowl - I need to remember to maintain a posture that’s conducive to good hygiene.

I have also noticed that countertops/sinks here are a few cms lower than the ones in NA. Gives me a sore back every time I have to bend down to wash my face in the sink…

At 198cm, I find many things, including counters, toilet bowls, etc… to be too low in Taiwan. I do find my legs getting a bit numb if I sit too long. And, now that it is mentioned, I do find that the penis/porcelain phenomenon happens more often here. It had never occured to me before that it might be a “cutural” phenomenon. I, especially, find the touching a problem in the toilets that have those add on seat warmer/bidet combos. The seat doesn’t seem to be as deep (front to back), making the sitting area smaller.

As for the squatters, I refuse to use them unless desperate. As the Taiwanese say, I am ben shou ben jiao (stupid hands stupid feet = clumsy) and I’m always afraid that I’ll fall over when squatting and get an unpleasant swim. :shock: EWWWW

Too low and too small (even the ones at home)…oh well, someday I may just replace the ones at home :smiley:.

Something very strange has happened to this thread. A wad of posts appear to have been flushed down the can.

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]Something very strange has happened to this thread. A wad of posts appear to have been flushed down the can.[/quote]The posts about squat toilets have been moved to an existing thread forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?t=9372 , this thread is for small toilets.
Flusing down the pan vs leaving in a stinky bucket is yet another thread :moo:

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“Omniloquacious”]Something very strange has happened to this thread. A wad of posts appear to have been flushed down the can.[/quote]The posts about squat toilets have been moved to an existing thread forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?t=9372 , this thread is for small toilets.
Flusing down the pan vs leaving in a stinky bucket is yet another thread :moo:[/quote]

[quote=“The post in which I”]If, like me, you prefer to defecate in a natural squatting position without any part of your body (including the dangly bits) coming into contact with any part of the toilet, then the bowls can never be too low.[/quote] wasn’t actually about squat toilets, but about my preference (and the general preferability, naturalness, and so on) of squatting over a toilet bowl of any kind. But as it’s such a faecal topic, it doesn’t really matter where it’s dumped, as long as no one puts their foot in it. :wink: :smiley:

The other thread is for anti-squatty posts, and this one is for anti-dangly posts, sorry if I misunderstood which yours was, would you like me to move it back ?

Mine was a hybrid of squatty and dangly bits.

Oh no, that won’t be necessary at all.

Omni… exactly what would that hybrid look like? On second thought, maybe I don’t want to know. :shock: :laughing:

http://www.spies.com/~scott/misc/toilet.htm

At least TW toilets are not like this…

Well, my two toilets in my apartment and the ones at my office look and function like a ‘German’ one. And having travelled to a lot of places in Asia I find most toilets work the same way, not many “wash” your backside when you drop your excrements as the author seems to prefer.
And most of the time flushing once is enough, perhaps the guy should check on his diet instead …

Omni… exactly what would that hybrid look like? On second thought, maybe I don’t want to know. :shock: :laughing:[/quote]

It would be better to spare you too graphic a description, especially if you’ve just eaten.

Hmmm, “Squatty and Dangly” – doesn’t that strike you as perfect for the title of a preschool kiddies’ storybook or TV program?

Taiwan’s toilet bowls are design for migget, small ppl w/ little penis, and short ppl… because as you all know, most asain are quite petite…