Toilet Paper: Toilet or Can?

I use my sleeve…

Rented house: paper goes in the toilet.
Bought house: use a bidet.

geee i must go out more often because i’ve never seen signs telling peoples to throw crap in the bins…
i would never sit on a bog next to a trash can full of used papers,that’s just wrong…

then again,peoples here seem not to be bothered by the skank of fermented toffu while window shoping,so the trash can full of skidders might raise their appetite after all :loco:

At home I flush, no problems with clogged up pipes yet.

At other places I throw it at the toilet door and hope it sticks, otherwise the next person will have it under his shoes. :smiling_imp:

I flush.

And my gf who is Taiwanese also flushes.

A lot of Taiwanese people that I know flush.

I think the people who don’t are the same people who tell me to turn off my headlights during the day cause it wastes gas. :loco:

Plumbing in China occasionally seems to have the same problems, although not seen as frequently as in Taiwan, level of English is similar in this place though…

I flush. Always have and always will. It is just nasty to have to even put your hand near the waste basket full of crap infested tissue.

The one thing I just dont get…Many homes I have been in throughout Taiwan have toilet paper roll holders built into the wall next to the toilet. However there is never any toilet paper rolls on them!!! Instead there is a box of heavy duty non water solluable tissues sitting next to the toilet…often times the type that is as rough as sand paper! grrrrrrrrrr

ok rant over. Having siad that, through my flushing experience I have never encountered a clog ever even when unloading a big load.

[quote=“Lo Bo To”]I flush.

I think the people who don’t are the same people who tell me to turn off my headlights during the day cause it wastes gas. :loco:[/quote]

It does, although not enough to be concerned about. But maybe Taiwanese do because they always use the big lighties.

Really?

HG

It depends on the paper. Twenty Five years ago you used to get splinters in your butt from the toilet paper. Someone got the idea to expand a sheet of Taiwanese toilet paper to 4 foot by 8 foot and construction chipboard was born. You could use it to wipe your butt or take it to school to write on. :liar: :roflmao:

Pardon my gravedig, but this has really been getting under my skin lately and I want to get the bug bear out before the new year. Tainan made progress in 2008: chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/loca … rnment.htm

When will the rest of the country catch up?

cloggability seems to be the issue. i don’t about Taiwans brands but GH ran a test
www.goodhousekeeping.com/_mobile/produc … r-reviews/
and it seems as though the Costco brand is pretty high on its dissolvablity. other softer brands clocked more.

[quote=“Belgian Pie”][quote=“Lo Bo To”]I flush.

I think the people who don’t are the same people who tell me to turn off my headlights during the day cause it wastes gas. :loco:[/quote]

It does, although not enough to be concerned about. But maybe Taiwanese do because they always use the big lighties.[/quote]

It does? It’s like saying your gas-fed water heater waste “electricity” when you keep it on all the time! Come on, where’s the sense in that? So tell me, when you park your car and turn off the engine but forgot to turn off the head lights, how would that be wasting your gas? Although the car may not run the next day, that has nothing to do with running out of gas!

Important health tip: Never flush a public toilet. Think about it–which do people do first, flush or wash their hands? Right, that’s what the last fifty people did as well. The handle must be practically crawling with poo molecules. The best solution is to use one of those robotic Japanese toilets that give you an enema.

Oh, and in places where there is no Indian watering can, but only toilet paper, I throw it at the ceiling until it sticks. (I do the same thing with my underwear at home.)

[quote=“StuartCa”]cloggability seems to be the issue. I don’t about Taiwans brands but GH ran a test
goodhousekeeping.com/_mobile … r-reviews/
and it seems as though the Costco brand is pretty high on its dissolvablity. other softer brands clocked more.[/quote]

I know that’s what people say, but I haven’t seen any actual evidence and feel it might be just an old cultural remnant from the old days when pipes were inadequate, treatment works non-existant, people wiped their bums with newspaper, and human waste used for fertilizer and (yuk) pig feed.

And noone wants to talk about the disgusting subject so it will never change. It’s hard to believe that Tainan has a more advanced sewage treatment system than Taipei…- has anything actually changed in toilet paper habits in Tainan since the mayor made his announcement in 2008?

Reading around about the subject on the web really makes Taiwan seem like a third world country.

Because your car has to charge the battery from the engine, which is using gas to turn the alternator. Grief. Don’t they teach physics in high school these days? Gas contains 33MJ/liter and the engine/alternator/battery is about 40% efficient. A pair of 100W headlamps use 0.72MJ/hour, or ~50ml of fuel. But yeah, it’s irrelevant in a country with no real fuel-economy standards, and even more irrelevant if you need the headlights due to poor visibility.

And to get back OT, I think it’s a pity Taiwan didn’t take the opportunity (while they were catching up with the rest of the world, and with the benefit of hindsight) to install a domestic blackwater processing facility separate from the sewer main, which is about 60% industrial effluent. It’s done that way in the Philippines, and it’s pretty effective. CP is correct, Taiwan’s attitude to sewage and water pollution is still very much stuck in third-world mode.

Only yesterday I had a conversation with an adult class about soap. No one uses soap to wash their hands because ‘everyone touches the soap and it’s dirty’. I said, "You know that water alone doesn’t work, right?’

No. One student, a professor, actually, challenged me on this. So I found some information from the World Health Organization on my netbook and showed the class. I wanted to say, ‘Have you heard about science?’ It is amazing that the population are so obsessed with study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study study but this never includes even the most basic hygiene. Or the fact that traditional medicine is all bullshit.

Anyway, it’s cold!!! I’m off to eat some dog meat!!! :laughing:

Third world country, what did you expect? just save the trouble and shit in the little can next to the commode, then flush the paper.

I flush unless there is a huge sign in the stall saying ‘do not flush tissue’ or some horrible Chinglish butcher job of that sentiment.

BTW, I fucking hate the big public toilet rolls whose paper is so thin and weak it breaks off every time you pull on in forcing you to reach inside and spin the thing until you find the end bit of paper again.

FUCK OFF KIMBERLEY CLARK!!!

Man, I thought this thread was flushed but I had to use the can in 7-11 today and had to look and some feminine hygiene stuff while I tried to hit the bowl. DAMN! No wonder people piss on the street.