Toilet technology

In my apartment in Da-Hu Shan Zhuong (out past Neihu) we had a toilet with in interesting feature- after eliminating, one would turn a timer knob on the wall, and the bottom of the plastic toilet would begin to glow a bright purple while producing a sound not unlike a garbage disposal. This lasted around 10-15 seconds. The landlady was very adamant on the use of this feature. Anyone seen this? Is this some kind of UV/Cuisinart for the loo?

Oh, I know… My friend has one in his rooftop apartment. It’s a poo-mulcher!
Apparently the downstairs neighbours were getting fed up with his logs clogging the bogs, if you know what I mean. But you’ll need to be careful, he recently left it running too long and burned-out the motor. As a result, he had to upgrade the system.

Hope it helps yours,

The Big Babou.

Oh no! The aliens are coming to steal your $@#*!

Honestly I have no idea so I’d have to agree with The Big Babou.

Jeff
jeff@oriented.org

quote:
Originally posted by dangrmous: the bottom of the plastic toilet would begin to glow a bright purple while producing a sound not unlike a garbage disposal. This lasted around 10-15 seconds. The landlady was very adamant on the use of this feature. Anyone seen this? Is this some kind of UV/Cuisinart for the loo?

I’ve seen a similar type at a public restroom back in the states. It was metallic and didn’t have any UV glow. I think its suppose to chew up the paper and trash people sometimes throw into the public toilets. I wonder what happens if someone falls into one. Hopefully, they have some type of “butt sensor”.

Ice shop I was in had a loo (toilet), with a basin built into the top. When you flushed, as the tank was filling up water also came out of the tap into the basin and drained into the tank. Cool huh? It’d save water too.

Bri